Why is putting a bodykit on your car.........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by revolution8k@Feb 21 2004, 03:14 PM
Don't matter if your car runs 12s with a body kit...it's still rice to Domestic drivers. Just leave it stock looking...and make it fast.

I would'nt want a stock body, I do what looks good to me, I would'nt care if someone hated it, they got problems.
If its not there taste they call it rice, who cares, as long as I'm faster than whoever, then it would be the bowl of rice that just destroyed you.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+Feb 20 2004, 03:31 PM-->
my personal opinion, most body kits are lame, with few exceptions.

1. if they are AUTHENTIC jdm kits, i.e. Bomex, C-West, Veilside.
2. they are really low profile, i.e. the wings west RS kit for the EF civic.

with those exceptions only body kits can be really nice.
1. veilside is shit. they make some of the most hiditious body kits i've ever seen.
2. why the fuck does it matter if it's "authentic" if it looks identical? same shit, just $467564654564 less. how do you feel about rotas?

TrailorParkPimp
@Feb 21 2004, 03:07 PM
"dont hate, appreciate."

what he said :D .

I think that too much bodykit like this Eclipse ( press enter to see the eclipse) is just passing the rice scale...But my opinion is that I think a basic body kit does look nice on a del sol because they just look ugly stock. Unless you put a kit or a lip. <_<

for those of you who are wayyy to lazy

diablo15_jpg.jpg

diablo13_jpg.jpg

diablo11_jpg.jpg

:puke2:

Thanks Smonkeyboy. Is just that the freakin computer at my school are slow and don't have flash...I couldn't load the gallery section. thanks ;)

:withstupid: :hitit:

But as far as the whole "Body Kit" thing goes. Just like everyone has said, its all a matter of opinion or what you aim to do with your car.
The kit two posts up (in my opinion) is uglier than......... well, I cant think of anything that ugly to compare it too. But I can all but garuntee that car has won shows. If that was his purpose, good for him, I congratulate its acheivements and I also respect the work that went into it and the fact that it is an import. Would I do that to my car, no. But he obviously is not me, so why should I care?

Me, I put a bodykit on my CRX, got it painted a bright color, and have a loud stereo system, why? Well, I love the way the Mugen Kit looks. I wanted my CRX to stand out, because every other CRX that I've seen was white(mine was too at the time, now its 99si blue). And last, I love music, and I like it loud.

But that also doesn't mean, that I didnt have an LS swap or that I'm building a B18C5 Block from the ground up for boost. Seeing my car in a parking lot, noone would know any of that, they might just say, "RICER". But would I care, no. I know what I'm doing to my car and thats all that matters.

Also at one point, my CRX had the W.W. Super Style Spoiler, 16" wheels not lowered and an APC windsheild banner, but that was before I knew better. :ph34r:

Rant, Rant, Rant! Im done.

well kits are based on driver preference, its like the kits that come on the fiero, and other fakies, its all show. Personally I wouldnt waste it on a bumper, but for others is a fun thing to do, personilize it I guess.

I think that if someone puts on a kit to make their car look fast they should do at least a little bit of work under the hood to have some performance. Overall I think body kits are something that should be used on a show car and not a daily driver. I know a guy in my neighborhood that has a civic with a widebody kit and everything molded along with a $7000 paint job on hid daily car. It has gotten many scratches, a cracked sideskirt, and a cracked front bumper. For him to get everything fixed and back to they way he wanted it is going to cost him a couple pretty pennies. Basicaly I think he wasted his money with getting the kit and paint because now it looks like crap. Also he thinks his car is faster then it was stock but the best he can do when people yell out "burn 'em" is a small squeek in first with a 5000 rpm take off and then the rpm's go down because it doesn't have the power to move all the weight added by the kit.

anyone else besides me notice that

A: That eclipse is an ugly piece of dsm shit
B: That girl is fine
C: He's got a front mount intake filter kit instead of an intercooler
haha... another eclipse rs... i bet my dx could easily take him. Considering all his rICE probly weights a good 500 extra lbs.

Originally posted by MugenCRX@Mar 11 2004, 07:50 PM
Also at one point, my CRX had the W.W. Super Style Spoiler, 16" wheels not lowered and an APC windsheild banner, but that was before I knew better. :ph34r:

Does it look like that anymore? No.
Are you glad you took that stuff off? Yes.
Would you ever put that spoiler back? No.
Would you ever leave it stock height? No.
Do you know better now? Yes.

^How are you just going to ask me questions and then answer them yourself. :confused: Although you did do a nice job on them, exactly what I would've put. Hey thanks buddy :thumbsup: At least I'm not a dumb-dumb with an APC banner anymore. :relieved:

I want a kit that accentuates the original lines of the car, that isn't too gaudy and doesn't take the attention away from the originality of the car in the first place. If it's going to stick out like that it's just way too much for me.

My bad bro. I wasn't trying to make fun of you, I just saw that you answered some of your own questions so I answered some of my own questions. :D :D :D :D

ok ok so from reading all of the replies I'm still not sure if I should go back to my stock looks or keep my kit.... even though I do like the looks of the stock ones with that jdm lip thingy...... my car has a kit not to wild I don't think....(blitz front, BW side skirt, and extreme back) what do you guy think?....... I got that back in like 99 or 00..... even with my kit I do have something to back it up with a fully built b17a...... so i'm not sure if I want to invest into the stock look or put that 3 or 4 hundred dollars into my motor or for other things?......

post some pics of the car amn but personally i like the lloks of some kits

Back