Why is putting a bodykit on your car.........

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here's what I think about the whole 'rice' deal. Do what you want. If you are a person who wants attention like that then do it. Some people spend just as much money and time on looks as others do on performance aspects. i'm not gonna hate them because its 'rice.' rice to me is neon windshield squirters, universal muffler, and rims in the back only. stock height with some r1 or type r stickers on it. those people saw the fast and the furious, went to car toys and picked up all that stuff on the way home. I'm the type of person who would feel a whole lot better stepping out of a car without any attention knowing that it could smoke most of the kids who want to race out there. There are people out there who would feel better when they get out of their car and know people are looking at them because their body work or system attracts attention to them. To each his own. i hear a lot that your car reflects who you are. I think its true because ultimately you decide what happens to it. what body kit you put on, what mods you do, what brands you choose to go with and why. do what you like best. sorry this is long but... thats what i believe.

where i live if you have flash like that you better have a place to lock your car up for the night. because your shit WILL get stolen while you sleep. everybody in KC is jealous of one another so body kits and wheels are the first to get jacked. then stereo systems.

fact is, most kits just look retarded. they are square, don't line up with the fenders and hoods, and just in general make the car look like shit, flapping in the wind.

If there was a company that made a REAL kit that produced downforce, I'd buy one in s asecond.

hey I don't really like that, but if it makes the guy happy so be it, I look at it more like a peice of art, or show, watever.........only not a race car,

.......I had a prelude witha body kit it looked clean but I changed my mind about the body kits, because this stuff is not made to perfectly fit, so I had to mold my bumper in the back and the side skirts, any ways,

......if you want to be noticed make a 500hp engine put it in a bone stock civic from outside and beat a supra...... that's what I am talking being noticed...

IMO, body kits are up to the individual. I apreciate a nice body kit on almost any car. I agree though that it is a car, not a space shuttle, so don't try to make it look like one. Being amazed by a car's looks AND performance is truely unique, but there's nothing like a stock bodyed civic sleeper that leaves most of it's Toyo's on the line for you to smell while you are still doing your 1-2 shift:/

Back