why is the vx the best?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
everyone says to get the 92-95 hatch, vx. why is it already wired for vtec? what else makes it a better multi-purpose racer? i put the thread in the swap forum because that would be the first mod.

The VX is considered the best by most, because it is one of the two lightest, with only the CX being the same 2044lbs. And it has vtec already wired, so it makes vtec swaps easier. But it does have a down side being that hte o2 if wired different, but it is a wideband, so if you can get it to work you canhave that also for tuning purposes.

why is it wired for vtec? i think the sir has the b16 right? but that is totally different,

The VX has VTEC...but it's VTEC for economy, not speed. Under about 2800 rpm, only one intake valve opens. Then when you hit "VTEC", the other intake valve opens. My girlfriend gets almost 50mpg in her VX, but it is a DOG to drive, and both 4th and 5th gear are overdrive.

Good for swap, sucks in stock form.

Originally posted by Si950@Sep 29 2003, 11:33 PM
The VX has VTEC...but it's VTEC for economy, not speed. Under about 2800 rpm, only one intake valve opens. Then when you hit "VTEC", the other intake valve opens. My girlfriend gets almost 50mpg in her VX, but it is a DOG to drive, and both 4th and 5th gear are overdrive.

Good for swap, sucks in stock form.

The VX is a very easy swap. All I had to do was move 1 wire for the o2 sensor, 1 wire for the secondary butterflies, and the knock sensor wire. No need to run any extra wires. I never had to cut or add any wires.

The downsides iof a vx are no PS if you wanted it, no intermittent wipers, no tilt steering. But you do get 7lb alloy wheels and a tach.

Don't let anyone tell you that the wiring complicated. If you need help email me @ dwnthehatch@yahoo.com

:p i got vx hatch with ls vtec with type R tranny i am doing pretty good killing hatch in NYC heheheheh :D :D :D :D :D

Back