Why No Honda Trucks And Oem Turbos?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

endlesszeal

We're all Honda ethusists, but have we ever stopped to ponder why Honda hasn't ever made a Truck? Maybe prototypes, semis, etc.. but how come no Honda shortbed/longbed trucks? They decided to make SUVS, vans, $120,000 sport cars, economy cars, lawn motor engines, jet skis, you get the point.. But no truck in sight? why not? it seems that trucks and suvs are the main markets or at least i was told so by an analyist.. almost every company has a truck... not like ferrari, lamborghini, but like Chrysler, GM, Ford, Toyota, Mitsubushi, VW, etc..
Another thing, how come no OEM turbo Hondas??? i kno they have it for jet skis.. shit those motors even have VTEC.. hopefully their prototype turbo in Japan will be sucessful and we'll see a Turbo Civic stateside *even if they come out with OEM Turbo Hondas, dont hold you're breath on OEM Turbo Type-Rs because their synanymos with high-revving, screaming, NA setups*.
just food for thought. if you have answers/comments please fill free to add, harass, or agree.. later

They had a turbo,sort of a test in Japan,but I guess it didn't go over very well.It was the Legend I think.

I think I heard somethin bout a concept for a truck that they may produce. I don't know why they never did. It would be bad ass though.

shit yeah id love to see a Honda truck....can almost picture a laid out Honda truck, body dropped, bagged tuckin 'nuts (lugnuts), fully shaved and rollin on some dubs. shit that would be sic as hell if you ask me....hmm ok now i can picture that same truck aired all the out and railing the shit out of it making sparks fly..HELL YEAH!!

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Mar 15 2003, 12:07 AM
shit yeah id love to see a Honda truck....can almost picture a laid out Honda truck, body dropped, bagged tuckin 'nuts (lugnuts), fully shaved and rollin on some dubs. shit that would be sic as hell if you ask me....hmm ok now i can picture that same truck aired all the out and railing the shit out of it making sparks fly..HELL YEAH!!

Umm, i wanna be the first for that one! :D

i would just want the engine out of that truck.....if it would fit into my ek

Cars are what Honda already has the research dollars in, and they're successful making them.

The Honda City line was available in turbo form.

As for a Honda truck... :)

fd37e1ce.jpg

fd37e1c8.jpg

fd37e1c3.jpg

fd37e1bf.jpg

fd37e1ba.jpg

fd37e1b5.jpg

fd37e1ae.jpg

fd37e1ac.jpg

fd37e1a8.jpg

fd37e1a6.jpg

fd37e1a4.jpg

fd37e075.jpg

fd37e072.jpg

fd37e06e.jpg

From what i understand talking to some people in japan their working on a turbo model car to hang with the SR-T 4 and the mazda Pro. Test subjects are the civic, rsx and S2003 could be a rumor but all of them are telling me.

main.jpg

And Lambo actually makes SUV's and also Porsche jumped on the bandwagon with their Cheyanne (sp?)

And yes there was a turbo legend way back in the day :)

who cares. new honda's suck ass anyway.
I for one would never buy it.

you want a turbo car, get an srt-4, or the evo, or fucking Volvo for that matter :p
you want a truck- buy american or toyota.
you want an adrenelin rush, it will be $2.19 at you local conveience store.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 15 2003, 12:57 PM
you want an adrenelin rush, it will be $2.19 at you local conveience store.

hahaha.. those damn things are expensive and make you crazy

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 15 2003, 10:57 AM
who cares. new honda's suck ass anyway.
I for one would never buy it.

I'll pretend I didn't hear that and keep drooling at the new S2K at the Honda lot here.

Originally posted by sisteve@Mar 15 2003, 12:54 PM
And Lambo actually makes SUV's and also Porsche jumped on the bandwagon with their Cheyanne (sp?)

And yes there was a turbo legend way back in the day :)

This is why I am starting to hate Porsche. Ever since there start in 1950, all there cars were true, they were all designed for speed, handling, audiance and technology. However, the new Cheyanne SUV is just like any other suv, horrible off roading capeabilitys, and not designed with that intended. The new one is designed for the rich to take there kids to soccer and those drivers have no desire to drive the 2084023 mphs it is capable of and for sure they will never even get close to any terrain more rough then a dirt road.

Todays cars blow.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Mar 14 2003, 11:39 PM
We're all Honda ethusists, but have we ever stopped to ponder why Honda hasn't ever made a Truck? Maybe prototypes, semis, etc.. but how come no Honda shortbed/longbed trucks? They decided to make SUVS, vans, $120,000 sport cars, economy cars, lawn motor engines, jet skis, you get the point.. But no truck in sight? why not? it seems that trucks and suvs are the main markets or at least i was told so by an analyist.. almost every company has a truck... not like ferrari, lamborghini, but like Chrysler, GM, Ford, Toyota, Mitsubushi, VW, etc..
Another thing, how come no OEM turbo Hondas??? i kno they have it for jet skis.. shit those motors even have VTEC.. hopefully their prototype turbo in Japan will be sucessful and we'll see a Turbo Civic stateside *even if they come out with OEM Turbo Hondas, dont hold you're breath on OEM Turbo Type-Rs because their synanymos with high-revving, screaming, NA setups*.
just food for thought. if you have answers/comments please fill free to add, harass, or agree.. later

because honda SUCKS! :p :spin:

its just cause the marketing people decided theres more money to be made selling SUVs and watered-down N/A cars in america. same reason nissan doesnt sell skylines here.

Back