why subs upside down?? 12" audiobahn's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

blasterman87

ok i picked up 2 12" audiobahn's in 2 seperate boxes for 50 bucks there the special edition ones that are 400w a piece i believe, are these any good?? and also whats the deal with people putting subs upside down? these look sweet on the bottom they have chrome flames...

Just a different way of mounting them. More bling-y... Doesn't do much.

It does allow for a smaller box to be used in certain circumstances, because you don't need as much volume inside the box with no magnet/etc., and the concave shape of the speaker creates even more volume inside, but I haven't seen them mounted that way for that reason. Just a different way of doing things. Like putting a clear hood on your car, show that shit off.

alright thanks, ill prably mount them upside down then, i just want the wires to look decent like cover them or something... damn i want a clear hood

sorry but they suck IMO. theres is a reason they make them look flashy.. :O

568945658554758596694856854585858988585685/*9/**-++-+

my leasing agent sucks :mad:

anyway, i would mount them the right way to get the most sound out oof them. your going to need it..

mount them however they fit best, but you will probably get better sound when they are backwards. i have these same subs and it depends on how big the box is and what your putting them into , ive had them in 3 different cars, first in back of a 89 s 10 with a small box, sounded ok, then i put them in the back of a 98 s10 turned inside out in a custom box, i think each speaker had around 1 1/2 cubic foot of room with the speakers pointed up, and they sounded amazing , they basicly just used the truck as a speaker box, now i have them in a 95 prelude trunk, and with such a small truck i had to give each speaker less than a cubic foot of box and they sound horrable,

speakers that arent designed for free air should not be installed as so. go get a profeesional to build you a box and you'll be alot happier

i just back fro my boys' shop. Ohh my god, (4) 13w7; (4) 1000/1v2 (2) 600/4hd's (1) 300/4v2 and 5 batteries in a 09 yukon. I swear it was going to fall apart.

just had to share.

simple physics

simple physics says it is easier to pull than push

If you have a small amp ie 400 watts the subs don't have to work as hard when you turn them around to get the same amount of bump

On the other hand if you have a big amp 1000 watts and up turn the speakers facing out and make the amp do all the hard work.

Either way, if the speakers are going in a trunk use them face out. Some people like them backwards in suv vans and hatchback for the look. If you don't want to spend a lot of money on the amp turn the speakers with the magnet facing out

simple physics dont apply in this case. Different notes require a ''pushing'' and other notes require a ''pulling.'' this is the reason you reverse the polarity in such installs.

simple.. if the sub is not a free air sub dont mount it that way. if you want to sacrifice sound for looks go right ahead i dont care.

simple physics dont apply in this case. Different notes require a ''pushing'' and other notes require a ''pulling.'' this is the reason you reverse the polarity in such installs.

simple.. if the sub is not a free air sub dont mount it that way. if you want to sacrifice sound for looks go right ahead i dont care.
word

speakers that arent designed for free air should not be installed as so. go get a professional to build you a box and you'll be alot happier

Best thing said thus far! Most times you see the upside down Sub.....its a free air or the owner is an idiot (the latter is true in most cases) Subs have the enclosure for flex and rebound through air pressure. Thats why sealed boxes react really quick with snappy Bass (Rock and roll) where ported boxes lengthen the note and sound good for the low end spectrum of Bass (hip hop).

if you keep them with basket facing out remember to reverse your wires to keep them in phase so put neg on possitive and poss on neg i know it sounds crazy but you can call any real install shop to vreify this

Back