why was HS closed?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
Edit: 10/18//04

I'm bringing this back up as a reminder. Please re-read and take head.

------------------------ ORIG POST ------------------------

here's why.

I got tired of being a babysitter. I'm not here to be a police man, and more so, I'm tired of seeing my friends fighting amongts each other.

Hopefully, the 2-hour closure did everyone well, heads were cleared, and we're back now with a focus on what this site was about in the first place-
tech, building a sense of community, and racing and other forms of auto sports focused on the honda/acura chassis.

If we can't keep it to this, shit's going to hit the fan.

Here's what's going to change:
  • Name calling/name whatevering - I.E., calling me pissedoffslowsol, airhockey, celerysticks, or matin, or whatever variation with anyone's member or real name will be an AUTOMATIC WEEK VACATION. In other words, I'm going to ban your ass for a week.
    2nd offence = ban for life.
    Typos are one thing... but a blatent mis-spelling to demean the other will earn your self a free trip.
    There will be no appeasement for people who i consider my friends either. Everyone here is equally on the spot.
  • Pointless fighting - If this isn't obvious, i don't know what is. Basically, be the man or woman and STEP DOWN. let it go.
Real Life vs Internet Life

I not going to name any names, but I don't want to be "threatened" or impositioned with the "it's me or him" messages. I got 3 today. some delt directly with the issues at hand- others did not. Be that as it may, unless someone has violated the terms of service, or something in this thread, i'm not banning the other for your sake. This is an OPEN community. Need I strees again, community. You are free to move where ever you like, and fit in where you feel so that you do, but while you're here, you will be a PART of the community. If that's asking to much, kindly start your own site, or frequent another message board.
Everyone is allowed to pick and choose their friends, and friends come and go, but family, you're stuck with for life. If you don't want to be a part of the greater hondaswap family, escape to Reno and marry a new forum. We may miss you, but we won't forget you, and like your mother, she'll always welcome you back, no matter how many times you may have fucked up.

What you do outside of the board is your own accord. I am not an orator, nor will I attempt to lecture you on the fralities of life, but I will say that what has been going on here is frankly, a shitty way to live. Why? What's the purpose? What does constantly arguing about useless things gain one in the end? What does holding a grudge do for your own or the others morale? Rhetorical, yes, but the answer is that nothing positive could ever sumise fom any of it.

I'm not asking anyone to be friends with anyone else. I realize that some people simply can't get along with other people- and that's life. But, at the same time, there is ZERO reason why one cannot be civil with the other. For example, in the past there have been some g/f's of my roomates who I simply did not like or get along with in the least. But you know what, I had a beer with them on friday nights, I went to the clubs with everyone, and we had a good time. We said Hi, how are you- and did our own thing the rest of the night. No grudge, no stupidity. And I was 19 then. Perhaps I'm looking at this the wrong way, but I'm one of the younger folks tied up in this huge mess, and all-the-while, I feel like I'm the most mature and "father-like" figure more and more. And I shouldn't be. I should be the dipshit getting into trouble or whatever, and having my older peers straighten my ways. Perhaps its too far gone at this point. In closing of this point, I see zero reason why any of us cannot get along with anyone else, at least in a socail environment. None of us fucked each others mothers. None of us killed our brothers. None of us stole each others cars. The level of reason for such hate is lower than what most siblings fight over in adolescence. NOTHING personal was ever done to anyone else (at least that I know of) besides this childish bickering over issues that don't even directly related to the person in the first place. We are all adults here, and there is no reason why we shouldn't be able to act like them- even if it is an act. Politeness is only common courtesey, and I'm sure none of this would be said to a family member who you simply couldn't get along with; you'd put on an act. I'm straying from my point here, so this point is finished, but please, just show some respect to one another, and you'd be suprised how far things can come. Old grudges die here and now on hondaswap.com. Carrying them will only lead you up a trail to crucifixion with all the weight on your backs for the entire journey. And look how far that got Jesus. He got nailed to the freakin thing and saved the world, so that we can fight over meaning less inconsistencies among one another.

Perhaps this is going towards a tangenet, but I'm just thoroughly disappointed in what has become of people I guess. It amazes me sometimes as to how pathetic of a species we all can be sometimes.

I'm not trying to change the world. I'm only one man. But perhaps, one man can make a difference. I think I have as far as the import community goes. I've made tons of friends here, and more so, I'm sure all of you have made tons of friends here. I have no regrets from building this place, for hours and hours on end of designing, coding, gathering info, and making this the place that is is today. Perhaps one man can make a difference. But then again, Hitler made a difference too. One man can only go so far. Without other people, his or her community- wether it's close friends, an army, or some dude 432423 tracert hops away on the other side of the country on this message board - 1 man is just as meaningless as the spec of dirt on the top of my shoe.

If my insight here has effected even one person here, then I have not wasted my time. I have no regrets. But, if all this place is going to do is to aim my friends and family against one another, I will gladly close it's doors for good. Because frankly, my interpersonal relationships with ALL of you is 10,000 times more important than this website ever could be.

-B

Im sorry to hear you got the its more or him/her ultimatums... thats shitty. Im not one to judge.

B i seriously hope everything gets better, hondaswap keeps me at home a lot of the times I could be out doing something stupid.

your Internet Friend - Brian

Though I signed up last year, I am still newbie here on the boards. Cool thing that we arent all banned for a good while (you know, high school times- one jerk fucks up on purpose and everyone gets shit for it).

Keep up the good job man!

There's a reason why I've been here for over two years. B, you already know how I feel about what you have done through this site. Glad to see it's back up. :)

Thanks

Originally posted by gomezkun@Jun 1 2004, 06:10 PM
Though I signed up last year, I am still newbie here on the boards. Cool thing that we arent all banned for a good while (you know, high school times- one jerk fucks up on purpose and everyone gets shit for it).

Keep up the good job man!

I don't think it was just ONE person.

I would just like to say how grateful I am of this site, I have learned soo much in the year that I’ve been here. This site is not only educational, but passes the time between classes and when I am bored. I know I am not the only one who really appreciates the time you spend both maintaining and improving the site and educating thousands of people all over the world.

Originally posted by xyswany@Jun 1 2004, 06:49 PM
I know I am not the only one who really appreciates the time you spend both maintaining and improving the site and educating thousands of people all over the world.

:werd:

when was hondaswap closed?

i remember ji and martine and steve getting into a bitch slapping contest....

and i was on and off hondaswap all day long....

when did this happen?

If ji and martine and steve want to get into another cat fight....

bring it over to my forum. you guys are more than welcome to come over there and talk shit about each other as much as you want.

you wont get censored and nobody gets banned.

That way you 3 can get it all out of your systems and hopefully feelings will be hurt so we all can get a good laugh at the trivialness of this argument.

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jun 1 2004, 10:03 PM
If ji and martine and steve want to get into another cat fight....

No. I'm done. I just want Steve to stay the fuck away from me on this board. To ignore me and not ever reply to me. I don't want him in my threads either. And I will be delighted to return the favors.

If you read that locked thread very very carefully, Ji was only taking natural offense to what Steve was saying about his dad. IMO that wasn't cool at all. A whole bunch of us just spent an awesome weekend up at Ji's parents house in Vermont. They were the best hosts and very kindly put up with us parked all over their driveway and camped out on their lawn.

B does that mean i can;t say my corvette eat you ????? :lol:
(sorry, i'm the one who usualy make those uncalled for jokes in my gang, Kinda like Chandler in friends, Yes i watch Friends)

this is so not the direction this thread was intended to go.

I HIGHLY suggest you RE-READ what i said.

if you can't be in our community, leave. And yes, I'm serious.
i still consider you my friend, and never have not- but this is for the sake of the board. If you can't comply, kindly leave.

Originally posted by corvetteguy@Jun 1 2004, 10:11 PM
B does that mean i can;t say my corvette eat you ????? :lol:
(sorry, i'm the one who usualy make those uncalled for jokes in my gang, Kinda like Chandler in friends, Yes i watch Friends)

Friends is over- and you've done nothing wrong dude.

Back