why we are all in HONDAs...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i own hondas because i know the ins and outs of them..and for every readon phyre stated..

I had a feeling Calesta would put in some 2 cents on my comment, i was actually hoping he would.

Compression drop as in how so, pistons? If so, what other stock piston could handle such power.

Most people "cheat" and use a thick metal head gasket / spacer. There are some on the market up to 3mm thick- those drop your compression down into the 9:1 range- but you have to deal with the timing difference since your camshafts are spaced away from the crank a little differently. Ultimate Racing (I think that's the name) did their turbo kits like that- big spacer, cast manifold, easy 450-500whp+ without upgrading any internals. The power curve wasn't what I personally like, but the cars were fast and the numbers were there.

The "right" way to drop the compression would be to use different pistons. I don't know what you could put in there that was OEM and forged since the bore is 87mm, plus you have to deal with honing the FRM sleeves. There aren't many shops that are willing to do that, much less have the ability to do it correctly. There is one very near my house though. ;)

Most people who are going to spend the money dropping new pistons and rods into the S2000 are going to use custom forged pistons and rods. The turbo S2000 crowd isn't exactly low budget- you don't typically find DSM junkyard turbocharged S2000s.

^ well said +1

--lower compression= less detonation, less cyl heat
--able to handle more psi(boost) of course with the right internal set up.forged rods, pistons etc &sleeves

Im into Honda's, cuz well i grew up around my brother owning 3 crx's, my first car was a 97 hatch, and ive just always loved the look of honda's.

Not really other than the usual gas mileage. I bought it because I moved to Chicago in the dead of winter. It did surprise me how much I ended up liking it before it started f'n up on me.

After having been on a mustang board for 2 years with some stuck up cunts for Mustang owners, I just love to see owners of other cars give a fast-as-fuck Honda some props for a change.

agreed. that video is sick!

i own hondas because i wanted a 5spd and my mustang was an auto

it was just by chance that i would fall in love with em' and a year later i bought a second honda

just to think, i could be on a nissan fourm if i had bought lets say a sentra insted of my civic when i was looking

but i agree with everyone else, they are just so damn easy to work on and fix for no or little money

Back