Why Wont The H22 SuperCharger Bolt Up?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Accordturbo94

Hey I was wondering does anyone know the reason why the jackson S.C wont work on the OBD1 92-96 Models! I emailed Jackson to see if i could get it to work he said no! Well I want to know WHY? I dont want a turbo... I want a supercharger! Please help!

I dont see why it shouldn't bolt up to the same way as it would for models after 1996. I looked up model numbers for intake manifolds from both skunk2 and Venom, and the model numbers were the same for all model H22 motors so i dont think they are telling you "no it wont work" because it doens't bolt up but they are saying no for some other reason.

So I take it no one has actually put one on there obd 1's! The only thing i can think of that they would be any diffrent is the FMU that Jacksons uses! But shit you would think than they would offer both kits but with the diffrent fmu

blundelld: did honda change the intake manifold bolt pattern from 92-95 vs 96-01 for the H22A?
IntegraLS90: do you have a later mani available to lok at?
IntegraLS90: because i have pics of my h23 manifold right here actually u can compare with, but to my KNOWLEDGE they didnt
IntegraLS90: cuz alot of ppl put ATR intakes on....
IntegraLS90: which are later h22's
blundelld: I'm curious cause JRSC don't officially support the 92-95 H22A for their kit
blundelld: and some kid on hondaswap is trying to figure out if the kit will fit
IntegraLS90: right, they do that because of shocktock/abs modulator fitament issues
blundelld: elaborate?
blundelld: so... is it because its not a bolt in or is it a major hassle ?
IntegraLS90: well the reason JRSC's wont fit accord and 4th gen preludes (which are basically identical to accords up front) is shock tower and brake equipment.. it physcially impossible
IntegraLS90: ive seen it tried, no way to move shit out of the way..
IntegraLS90: he can make more power w/the right turbo anyway
IntegraLS90: JRSC is a rip
IntegraLS90: send him to lovefab.com :)

FWIW, IntegraLS90 is a buddy of mine with a 4G Accord that knows a lot of ppl with accords/preludes/swapped-accords+preludes.

the kid asked why the JRSC won't work on a 92-95 H22. I answered in form of pasting an IM conversation I didn't care to retype.

Shut the fuck up dipshit and find your own thread to crap on zcrex.

Well That sounds good enough for me! I appreciate your time greatly! Im going to lean from the turbo... maybe just do a nitrous kit! That way than at least im not always piss pounding the motor! Thanks Again!

Piss pounding the motor? Wait, and nitrous isn't "piss pounding" the motor?

Turbo isn't any worse for an engine than Nitrous, and if properly tuned, will last 50K+ miles on top of whatever mileage you have.

I'm with Loco Honkey on this one. Having a motor last a long time is a matter of making good choices about how you put it together, not whether it is supercharged, turbocharged or fed nitrous. I've seen just as many kids blow their shit spraying as boosting.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Sep 25 2003, 11:12 AM
Exactly. Does this mean that every Evo, WRX, Supra, etc is going to blow up within 20,000 miles just because they're turbocharged?

Think about that one!!! EVO, WRX... FACTORY TURBO BUILT MOTORS TO HANDLE TURBO.... theres your answer.. turbos will boost all the time when you accelerate... No way around it unless you shift really early and hiway driving one with an h22! Close gear ratio ... I was saying i would be able to control the nitrous and only used it when i needed it!1

Of course not saying the supercharger wont.. but its more work to crank the boost up on on of those.. i know from experince I have a boost problame and I like to crank it up! :worthy:

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Sep 25 2003, 08:53 PM
Think about that one!!! EVO, WRX... FACTORY TURBO BUILT MOTORS TO HANDLE TURBO.... theres your answer.. turbos will boost all the time when you accelerate... No way around it unless you shift really early and hiway driving one with an h22! Close gear ratio ... I was saying i would be able to control the nitrous and only used it when i needed it!1

As radnulb (or is it blundar? :) )said, if you build it correctly, it will last just fine. This is the equivalent of getting a factory-built turbocharged engine. THEY build it right too. If you put some time and thought into your boosted engine, it will last just fine.

And if you think spraying an engine won't put as much stress on it as boosting it, you're going to be sorely disappointed when you melt your engine....

Back