Why you dont put remote start on MTs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Well, my buddy had this really clean Integra LS...never seen one this clean. Close to an ITR look even.

Well his dad moved the car and left it in gear. When we called him to go to the mall he started it in his room, and this is the result.

BEFORE

DCAM00794.jpg

DCAM0032.jpg

DCAM0089.jpg

AFTER

DCAM0018.JPG

DCAM0019.JPG

DCAM0020.JPG

DCAM0021.JPG

DCAM0022.JPG

DCAM0023.JPG

DCAM0024.JPG

DCAM0025.JPG

DCAM0026.JPG

DCAM0027.JPG

DCAM0028.JPG

DCAM0029.JPG

DCAM0030.JPG

DCAM0032.JPG

DCAM0033.JPG

DCAM0034.JPG

DCAM0035.JPG

Last edited:
That'll buff right out.

Oh and get something that will resize the pics.

i fixed em sorry. i didnt realize they were that big until i posted.

Wow that sucks.. same thing happened to my GF's car, my mom left it in gear and she remote started it, luckily she was parked in the rockpile i have out front, and it just dug a hole in the rocks and got stuck trying to turn.
If she wasn't, it woulda sucked for my living room.

haha I did the same shit!!! But the shop I took it to installed a module and it was supposed to make it so if the EBRAKE or if it was in gear it wouldn't start. Me and my step-bro were working on my reverse lights and it was backed up towards the garage door...He made the comment that "maybe it needs to be turned on for them to work" so I took it out of my pocket and remote started it...slammed me into the garage and then my step bro dove in my car and smashed on the brakes...we tried to push it forward and we found out that the EBRAKE was actually on.....

am i the only person who never ever leaves a car in gear? but that sucks, that car was real nice before

if he DID pay to have a remote starter designed for a manual put in then tell him to sue the company that put it in for the damages to the car and the house
they probly half assed it and didnt hook it up corectly

that is bullshit

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
am i the only person who never ever leaves a car in gear? but that sucks, that car was real nice before

I never do either.

look on the bright side, now he has a reason for a JDM front end :shrug2:

:withstupid: my car is always in manual with the Ebrake. Everyone always says "what it if rolls away?" Right... :dry:

Quoted post[/post]]
if he DID pay to have a remote starter designed for a manual put in then tell him to sue the company that put it in for the damages to the car and the house
they probly half assed it and didnt hook it up corectly

that is bullshit

His dad left it in gear, and you want the company to pay for it? I doubt that is going to happen, unless he lies to the company and says it was in neutral.

But on the flip side of the coin, I'm thinking the same thing you are. When I stopped by a place that sells remote starts the first thing they asked was 'is it a manual?' when I said yes they said nope, we're not going to do it.

That was the end of that.

there are special remote starters designed to work with a manual tranny car
they are supposed to have sensors that check if the car is in gear... if the car is in gear they do not alow the car to start
if he didnt have one of those then the shop can be sued for putting the wrong kind of remote stater in the car
if he did have one of those and it was not hooked up properly then he can sue the shop that put it in
if he did have one of those and it was hooked up properly then the unit was defective and he should be able to get the money from the manufacturer

it doesnt matter that the car was left in gear... the remote starter should not have allowed the car to start if it was the right RS installed correctly and functioning properly

man thats nothing. when i worked at walmart this guy pulled up in this sick slammed satin black hatch and pulled around back to autocenter to get something done.
well every walmart has a little "runoff" pond on the side or behind. its walmart policy to leave cars in gear when they are parked. well it was parked facing the pond.
guy walks out the door and throws his hand way up high and hits the remote start, he was like 100 ft away.
the damn thing lurches and hops the little curb and rolls down the hill right into the nasty shitty green runoff.
fully submerged, took them like 8 hours to finally get it out, had to have a tractor come get it.
dude was standing on top of his car and he was knee deep.
when they pulled it out it was all stained green and nasty with green sludge and shit hanging off the radiator, his front bumper had been broke off in the process of trying to get it out.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

I never do either.

look on the bright side, now he has a reason for a JDM front end :shrug2:

I ALWAYS leave my car in neutral...all my cars I've had in the past I've looped the clutch sensor, so that I can start the car without pushing in the clutch. I HATE it when I get in a vehicle and it's in gear, even if it isn't mine.

[/pet peeve]

My old civic had a remote start. I always knew it was in N becuase I had a turbo timing on it.

If he spent all of this money on his car, why did he cheap out on the tires and put crappy Runways on there? They can't be doing any good for the handleing of the car.

yeah, this car was all about looks, nothing about racing or anything like that. Gonna see if we can get it claimed on his home owners insurance. If not, either that car is staying a looks only car, or he might have a LST EG in his future.

I'm like civicious. I hate when people leave their cars in gear. The only car I kept in gear was my prelude, because the ebrake just wouldn't work. When I walk through a parking lot and I happen to see a car in gear, it bothers me.

When/If I let my friends drive my car and they leave it in gear, they're never allowed to drive the car again.

Actually I always leave my car in neutral also...just my Step-bro DOESN'T! He put it in reverse and left it in reverse and I didn't know that...

Back