Wich is the best head out of the b heads for the LS/VTEC engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

k20 eg

Wich is the best head for the ls/vtec combo i know its not easy but i want to make raw power need help i know theres alot of honda heads in here that know what ya talking about

for an n/a application the gsr is probably the best choice. it has slightly better compression the cams are better than the stock b16 cams. once upgraded, the question becomes a little more difficult. For a turbo app, the b16 is your best choice. it out flows the gsr and it has a lower natural compression ratio. for an N/A application, flow is a LITTLE less important, and the compression is a little more important.

really either of them work well, and there arent many HUGE differences in performance between the two, but really those are going to be the only differences worth mentioning.

hum so about how much and where can i get a b16 head and what about power with out a turbo wich one has more power and about how much is the diference

i have no dynos to prove this, but i would guess that a stock ls with a stock b16 head would make SLIGHTLY less power than an LS block with a stock gsr head. upped compression and cams are the two reasons i say that.

you didnt pay attention to a word i said did you. it depends on what you want the end result to be.

that is true the gsr well the b18 has the more power but the b16 is cheaper and from what you say its better for a turbo. now a good Q wich b16 would be best

well i want to get a turbo a turbonetics i have a accord 95 coupe and i was thinking about a k20 or k24 but i am selling the accord, and i was thingking about putting a k20 in the eg but i think the ls/vtec is cheaper

its not only cheaper its easier to tune and a lot easier to find parts. while a vtec head will help with the turbo thing, id suggest keeping the straight ls and just turbo that.

If you are going to turbo teh ls/vtec, use the B16 head. For N/A use the GSR head on the ls block. Like Reiko tried to explain you to you... about two or three times.

Last edited by a moderator:
well theres little kids every where well you know more than i do about b serious engine so what would be the point of acting that way

i dont know. thats why all posts were deleted or edited. the subject has been dropped.

if you still have questions, dont hesitate to ask.

well in kansas city we dont have that many places to buy any vtec engines and if they do have any it verry expencive

thats why you get them from places like our message board, ebay, h-t, hmotorsonline, etc.

The b16a head is my say. The civic's cams a little more agressive then the GSR, and its a tad cheaper. If you plan on replacing the cams, what ever is the cheapest would be best cause all your basicly asking is which cams are better. If you can get a Type R head go for it, the P&P would be nice, but it doesnt cost but $600 to get a really nice P&P and some other head work anyway.

Back