wich one 1.5b1 or a d1.6y8 is better

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1996cool

would like to know whats more beneficial as far as horse power .................is the 15b1 better than the d16y8 for my 1990 hatch back.......according to the forums the 15b1 is jdm ...im not sure . any answer appreciated.

y8 is gonna be a bitch, it requires an obd2 conversion and that is NO FUN.

I dont know what a D15B1 is, but a D15B is a pheasable option. You have to do an OBD1 conversion for that engine (it might have come as OBD0, but i dont think it did).

D16A6 or A8 is gonna be your BEST bets, but if you are look to an answer to your original question the D15 is gonna be your best bet.

i know its not my topic, but why would you take a D15B or a D16z6 over an A8? Availability of parts, or something? Civics arent my specialty, so i was just curious.

vtec and aftermarket support. also if you're not planning on rebuilding the engine, which it sounds like he's not, newer motors generally have less miles and are in better condition than older motors. soooooooooooooooooooooo... convert to obd1, run a d15b or a d16z6, you get the tuneability of obd1, the huge aftermarket support of either motor, and an abundance of dirt cheap replacement parts.

Back