wich turbo on sir

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

got_nos?

i was talking this weekend with a few of my freinds about my turbo setup....few were saying that with my gt25..yes i will start boosting at 1500 rpm... but geting to 6500 rpm.... their will be no boost..... less fun after 6500 rpm...they say im better with a t3/t4 garette with a v-tec engine... what do u guys think....
-jdm sir
-type R cams and springs
-clutch kit stage 2
-vafc
-450cc inject...for turbo...
-chip but being reburned after turbo
-dry zex....
willing to stay no more than 7psi...reas:engine not forged

thats a tiny turbine...i dont know what else to say...usually the GTs have a bigger turbine...

why nitrous? its a waste. use your damn turbo.
whether you hit 300 hp with 20 psi
or you hit 300 hp with 10 psi and a 100 shot, the damage potential is pretty much the same.
if you're worried about spooling, don't. you won't be running a big enough turbo to worry about that.

screw the vafc, its a waste of cash. get crome, a wideband, and laptop and tune your shit the right way.

gt25 is prety small for a b-series. especially with those tiny a/r's.

forged or not, with a solid tune, you can take the b16 to 300 whp on stock internals with no problems. its all in the tuning. nice smooth 11.8-12.0:1 a/f's and a nice calm ignition advance, and you're golden. spend the money on tuning and dyno time or on a tuner. its the best investment you can make.

for the turbo, i'd go with a generic garrett t3/t04e .63/.63 57 trim or a precision sc34 with the same specs.

so yeah, sell the mad jdm nos thats more danger than useful and is a pain in the ass to fill, and buy a widband and an ostrich with the cash.

crome ...do u have a web site for that...i cant find it...

could i also reburn my chip ....for the turbo setup???
is e-manage good from greddy?

T3/T4 TURBO V-BAND T04E HYBRID...Garrette internal ...
AR/.50 COLD SIDE
A/R / .63 HOT SIDE
i making a bet on this one on ebay..looks pretty cool..
thnks for the link pissedoffsol..i really apreciate all the help...
im from montreal... and tunning over here is not dispended.... we have trackracing.com....over here that is currently the best..... that is almost nothing compared to u guys in cali.."states""

.50 is a little on the small side... i wouldn't go lower than a .63

check some local forums.. i think beyond.ca has some candian car stuff, maybe they can point you to some more local venues

i had a good deal on a hondata s200....but people over here told me that on a dyno tunning a hondata is about 20 hours...160$/h...
if i get a wideband and plug it to my p.c. wil i be able to tune it my self..?

20 hours? lol i would never go to them for tuning.

1hr getting a basemap setup the night before, in your room, no where near a car... basically jsut get your map set up for your injecto size, your rev limits, so on and so forth... publish it out to your romulator so your ready to plug it in the next morning. save the bin.

wake up, next day, go on the street

2-3 hrs on the street TOPS. most of this is due to traffic and having to drive around and wait for open roads to do a pull or load 3rd gear up a hill steady throttle...

and then 2-3 on the dyno if you're anal.

if you got good street tuning done, 5 pulls and you might be done.

its all how good your tuner is.

CAN you tune it yourself- sure. but what do you know about tuning? :p
sometimes its better to pay if you've never done it before.

do you have the full hondata dealer package? datalogging, boost, etc etc
then you need the wideband, EGT helps a ton, and of course, the laptop, the romulator, and finally the chip burner.

i'm a big fan of crome. I think it superscedes the s200 system.

true..i never tuned a vtec engine... even non vtec im not that great with electronics... i never still worked with a wide band..crome or hondata..
usually chip and vafc..safc....turbo controllers...

tuning in a nut shell:

set base map based on injectors, displacement, redline, etc etc.
add boost tools/process .75 degree timing retard per psi

tune wot for air fuel. watch the wideband. stop if it goes lean.
make adjustment.
go again.
finally get to a full redline pull.

when your a/fs are clean (11.8:1-12:1 for boost, 13.5-13.7 for all motor)
then play with the ignition.

as a general rule, more ignition will make your egt's higher, but make more power. it also puts you closer to detonation.

so go as far as you can without going over your target EGT.. then pull back a little bit to make it safe. there WILL be that time when you can't get your usual gas in the middle of no where... or the day its 23123 degrees out... give your self some room to play.

Quoted post[/post]]
.50 is a little on the small side... i wouldn't go lower than a .63

check some local forums.. i think beyond.ca has some candian car stuff, maybe they can point you to some more local venues

the best that i found was .50 cold side and .63 on hot side on the t3/t4 to4e hybrid.....i didnt find any for bigger on cold side...
what turbo has it the specs that u r telling me about..

id run a ihi rhb5. i heard those turbos flow massive cfm.
:p

considering that they can't even spell Garrette properly, i would not be buying a turbo kit from them...

and a 3" inlet/outlet intercooler is so stupidly matched for that. you're going to have a lot of lag trying to fill all that piping.

2.5" is good for 550 whp.

honestly a t4e 57 trim with .63 hot side is ideal for your goals, but as he said, you need to ditch the afc hack and step into crome pro. or get out...

what is a good wideband O2 to go with for the price. im just finishing my turbo project and was gonna take it to the top tuner in canada here and get him to build me a program since ive never tuned before. but i am very interested in learning the ins and outs and do's and donts of Tuning. these bosch o2 sensors with teh lambda cables. they plug right into yourlaptop?? and you have to run this as a seperate O2 from your existing or does it completely replace your stock 02 sensor? im gonna get the Crome pro since its praised so much by pissedoff sol. just tryin to get a basic understanding of what i will need to play with my computer after it gets tuned. ive seen the kits on Xenocron. which one should i get to start playin around?? :)

Back