Wideband Calibration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mekal

Ok im Planing on tuning my car soon with crome. So my first purchase is going to be a lc1 wide band with a gauge. Ive been doing some reading and i see that you have to calibrate the wideband through the ecu for tunning. My question is do i have to calibrate it if im going to only hook up the narrowband output to the ecu(0-1v). The reson why im wanting to do this is because im getting the wideband before i get a laptop and i dont know how long it will be before i get a laptop and all the other stuff to tune my car. Any help would be great. Thanks Mekal

the wideband won't run your car. you'll need your stock o2 in place, or a map that doesn't use the o2 at all (not recommended).

calibrating is a matter of setting it to 'air' before turning the car on.

ie, let car cool, plce o2 in bung. calibrate to air. THEN turn the car on.

For the LC-1, you do not need the stock O2 sensor, as it has narrowband output along with wideband output(separate wires).

Yes, you still need to calibrate it for an accurate reading. Though, it is not calibrated through the ECU; you just ground or connect one of the wires(been a while, so not exactly sure but it's something like that) and disconnect it after it's calibrated. There's a switch you can install for this that's included with the LC-1.

Ok so i can replace my o2 with the LC1, But im going to need a computer to program the narrowband output to the ecu. Then i get confused when your saying connect the wire, calibrate, then disconnect? Which wire? Connect the narrowband output to the ecu, calibrate then take it off? That Doesnt make sense? how would the ecu get the narrowbands readings?

Back