wideband o2 sensor

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dcsports413

What exactly does replacing your stock o2 sensor with a wideband o2 sensor actually do?

Does it allow for easier or better tuning on a dyno?

Thanks

uh...why are you replacing your o2 sensor? if it doesn't need replaced. don't do it.

Get a VX o2 sensor, they're wideband, and cheaper than some of the more tuning specific ones.

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Oct 21 2003, 10:53 PM
uh...why are you replacing your o2 sensor? if it doesn't need replaced. don't do it.

I didnt say I was replacing the sensor.

Again, someone here has yet to answer my question.

it really depends what you are using it for.

other than the vx computer, the honda computer CAN'T use a wideband o2. it doesn't know what to do with the different reading than expected.

however, for TUNING and a standalone ecu that CAN read the wideband, its an essential tool.

problem is, they are fragile. 5k miles on pump gas, and its spent.... race gas, even less. and they are NOT cheap.

more info: http://www.hondata.com/techwidebandtuning.html

you don't really even need it for tuning. you can just drill a hole in your exhaust and let them put the dynos wide band in or someplaces have a long senors they stick up and feed through the exhuast...

finally, some useful information. Thank you Pissed.

B16CRX, i have heard that the placement of the o2 sensor is very important for a correct reading. (angle, where in the pipe) Im not sure how accurate sticking a sensor through the exhaust pipe could be.

Back