Wider Tires

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

22crazy

if i put wider tires on the front and back will it make a major difference in handling and traction....im really interested in putting sum mother ass wide tires on the back, will it do anything since the car is front wheel drive.

yeah it will slow you down like crazy

if you want better grip just get a better compound tire... 205/50/15's with a good compound will be more than enough for most applications... and DO NOT get a competition tire for street use...

for a 6.5 wide rim i would use a 195/50 .... you will get less roll over with that width and actually turn better than you will with the wider tire... again just be sure to get a good compound

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 26 2003, 11:37 PM
for a 6.5 wide rim i would use a 195/50 .... you will get less roll over with that width and actually turn better than you will with the wider tire... again just be sure to get a good compound

:werd:...thats because 195/50r15's have less sidewall than 205/50r15's. less sidewall = better handling

To a certain extent, I don't think anyone would really want to run 30 series, its like solid rubber. :D

exactly
you dont want too much or too little sidewall...
the other thing to take into consideration is the width of the tire in comparison to the rim

you want this |____|
not this \____/
or this /____\

Back