Wierd Idel problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I finally got my swap running today. Right now there are 2 problems.

First it has code 41. It means its 02 related. Not to worried about this, but it could possiblly be an underlying fact to the next problem

The next problem. When I reset the ECU and turn the car on, starts great, sound great. I set the timing, runs perfectly. However, when I go to move, the second it starts moving, the car starts to sputter like hell almost stalls out, timing jumps all around. I turn the car off and turn it back on, still sputters until I reset the ECU. It still only throws the one 41 code.

Any Ideas? Maybe a vacuume issue?

my car did the same thing until i fixed the exhaust. i figured the o2 sensor was getting super loopy and the car was trying to compinsate. i replaced the header/downpipe gasket, problem went away.

hmm, good point. I'll try that tommrow. So it did do the same thing when you tried to move?

it was really weird. the car would run insanely great i could rev in my driveway and it sounds great...i drive to mcdonalds and the engine runs like shit.

i fixed the exhaust and it worked. still didnt run perfect so i put in a p28 with a disabled EGR and fixed all the engine problems. the suspension is now so effed up that i WILL NOT drive the lude right now.

Back