wierd idle after installing crank pulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joker01

hey guys am kinda lost here so am seeking your help, i started my d15b before i installed the timing belt cover, after installing the cover and crank pulley i attempted to start the engine, it turns over and idles really low jus above 0 for at least 5seconds and it dies...it was idling fine before i installed the cover and pulley so am kinda lost here. i wana kno if there is anything i missed........reponses are welcomed and appreciated

never hurts to double check. next is a compression test. also, do you have a crank angle sensor?

it has compression becuase it started easy before i installed the cover and pulley..whe is that located the crank angle sensor

i dont know it was a suggestion... i know my 92 civic didnt have one but i saw you were overseas things could be different.

kk so have u ever encountered this prob or anyone else

Its possible the crank sensor went bad (if and only if you have one) but it would be a coincidence.

Please clarify and expand on the info you gave. So you started it up without the crank pulley (and alternator)......and it made its way to a normal idle at running temp?

Check the cover for it may be causing an obstruction. The crank may be rubbing?? You'd know when you take it off.

You should bust it all off again and look. Maybe even try to see if it still runs fine without the crank and cover. If it does....you narrowed it down. Don't throw parts at it just yet.

still does the same thing now i did a lil research before i attempted to update this thread and i think my valves are bent but i aint to sure,went i start the car it has this rought low idle for like 5seconds and it dies, so ama keep researching bout bent valves and ama see if any of mine a fucked

still does the same thing now i did a lil research before i attempted to update this thread and i think my valves are bent but i aint to sure,

So it did it with the pulley off? Not enough info given. You doing this off your phone?

And that leads you think you have a bent valve?

If you have a VTEC D15B then I would think its not a striaght swap for the non-vtec head but I haven't tried so all I can offer is caution and I would take the head apart to see if a valve is truly bent.

yea it did it with the pulley off and on and am on my pc and the d15b isnt vtec

still researching and i came upon the iacv but not sure jus as the bent valve idea and i will crank the car without connecting the iacv to see if there will b any changes

hey guys i unplugged the iacv and started the engine idle still low and rough like wen i hooked it up so is this ok for me to say its a bad iacv

Well.....the IACV plays a part at running temp....not initial start up.

If you unplug the IACV when its running at normal running temps (make sure fan turned on, thermo opened) and rpm doesn't fall....then you can figure the IACV is bad.....maybe clogged.

But....if you got another one....throw it on. I think there is only two kinds. Wide bolt pattern and narrow bolt pattern.

well i aint even keping idle for more than 5secs,so am completely lost here guys cuz i dont know i missed out on or could have done wrong

and i found fueling spitting out the no. 2 cylinder injector, where the connectors fit, my fuel filter was cleaned and my boy told me could b my fuel cuz it has been sitting in the tank fo sum months now

So...how did the motor run before this work was done to it? If you are unaware of its running condition prior to the change.....you could have a variety of problems going on or it may be something simple.

Back