wierd idle after installing crank pulley

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So it must be in something you did

yup but i read sumweh that kinda high idle means the iacv is dirty, been reading up alot n been getting some culprits so am trying to chk evry suspect for the time been

i have tried injector cleaner but same rough idle then stalling i removed my iacv and the motor behaved the same way

Are you certain you didn't jump a few teeth when swapping the crank pully? worst case scenario you may have severely messed up your timing and attempting to start it multiple times may have damaged your head. Have you removed the head cover to check for any obvious signs of damage? Bent valves or metal shavings?

91 Aura Integra
98 JDM B20B swapped
AEM cold air intake
Greddy header
Custom exhaust

Also the first few times you started it was there any detonation? Like a popping sound out the exhaust similar to backfiring

91 Aura Integra
98 JDM B20B swapped
AEM cold air intake
Greddy header
Custom exhaust

i havent moved the head yet but i think i will tomor but i did remove the valve cover to see if any of my valves are stuck but tomorow i will kno

if u got an extra 60$ have shop do leakdown,(head comp test) and they will tell u if its a bad valve. if u need iacv pay shipp and il mail u 1. i build b series but have many d series parts. check ur ecu and if its the iacv it will throw a code. u may have vacume lines wrong.its happen to me. sorry to intrude on youre conversation btw.

Back