Wierd Idle Problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortcut10467

Hey another problem with this damn swap, It idles TOO DAMN LOW shut off on me a few times already, I checked and adjusted a few things to see what would happen, I tried to advance or retard the timing, NOTHING, I adjusted the idle screw by the throttle chamber, NOTHING, I adjusted the fuel pressure from the regulator at the end of the fuel rail, NOTHING, and finally adjusted my throttle cable and linkage, STILL NOTHING, I'm about ready to drive this shit off a cliff:mad:, Please guys help me out here;)

um how did you try to adjust the fpr the stock one isnt adjustable, try taking you iacv off and cleaning the screen with carb cleaner. is the car 5speed or auto? also when you adjust your idle adjustment screw you have to pull the 7.5 amp fuse out from underneath the hood to reset your ecu.

well I think it's the fuel pressure it's on the RH side of the fuel rail (as if sitting inside the car) a small unit attached to the end of it with a philips head screw that seems to have a spring behind it of some sort I'll try to see if I can post a pic
I will try those things you suggested and get back to you with my results

ahh figured out my problem a small screw was missing right below the throttle linkage that I guess keeps the cable from completely closing the flap in the chamber well, and well I put in that small screw which actually seems more like a tiny stud with a 7mm nut to keep it from coming loose and now it runs like new and idles no probs

Back