1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wierd idle problems

Discussion in 'Civic and del Sol - EG and EK' started by 92slowmobile, Nov 7, 2007.

1. 92slowmobile

92slowmobile Greatest Member

When i have the clutch pushed in or the a/c off the idle is fine. When i let off the clutch, or turn the ac/d on it drops really low for about 2 seconds then then it seems like the idle gets kind of high, and it keeps doing this until i either shut the car off or have the clutch pushed in. This is in a 92 d15b8 hatch. Any suggestions?

2. 99exturbod16

99exturbod16 New Member

Check coolant in the radiator and make sure its not low then let me know if it still continues... I am just trying to elimanate problems... But this happened to me before but it didnt matter whether the clutch or ac was on..

3. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

when you turn on accessories or you change engine load at idle or you change electrical load (same as turning on accessories, i know..), your IACV is supposed to compinsate by increasing the idle some.

Try cleaning your IACV. seach the articles over at Welcome to Team Integra! - Team Integra for they have a good one. I'm 99% this will turn out to be an IACV issue. The other one to look at is the FITV, which has a plunger you would have to screw in behind a plate on the rear of the bottom of the throttle body. lol

g'luck to ya, let us know what u try, and your results!

4. YBLEGAL

YBLEGAL Regular Member w/ Cheese

5. 92slowmobile

92slowmobile Greatest Member

I won't be able to do any of this for like another 10 days. I'm in the navy and i just left to go out to sea for 11 days. I'll be sure to fill you in as soon as i get back. I never even thought about the IACV. Thanks man

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted