Wierd NJ, gravity road.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
I don't feel like searching for the site. But it has a bunch of info on "wied NJ" shit.

So I went to one of the "gravity road" ones. I never looked into how it's possisible or what's up with it.

On an offramp off rt 208S in Franklin Farms, this exit inclines then obviously/visibly declines down to the end, at the end of the hill I swear to god, I put the car in nuetral took my foot off all pedals and the car REALLY did roll UP the fucking hill a good 1/8-1/4 mile UP then stopped directly on the incline still with no feet on the pedals or brake and literally sat at there. I did it like 5 times because I didn't believe it. I even but a ball at the top of the offramp hill and watched it roll completely down and not come back up like the car.

I'm not on drugs and I'm not drunk. There has got to be something to it because it completely defies the laws of physics but I was in the car, felt it and saw it with my own eyes.

that's pretty crazy, because I been to one where we had a 2 litre of Pepsi roll UP the hill just like a car so we knew it was just the incline.

Yeah I would love to know the explanation behind these spots. Anyone???

But yeah, its seriously trippy, I found one near my old house when I lived in the mountains, I had fun scaring people.

maybe its an optical illusion? put a level on the road. see what its really doing. if it truely is an incline, then i dunno, lol.

I was thinking about it, but it was like 2AM, there was no place to get a level and I as lioke 30 miles from my house.

There is a similar road in RI. Rt 138 going from CT into RI... this gigantic uphill... If you come to a stop, the car will roll uphill...

yea alot of those "mystery spots" are basicly optical illusions because what you base level on (trees normally grow opposite the force of gravity) are screwed up for some reason. Its possible that the highway slopes downward and the off ramp stays level making you think that your going uphill and the highway is level.

Sort of a repost

But anyway, Yeah - there are lots of Gravity Hills in the NE area. Like I recall in this post, there is a road that goes up the Adirondacks and the water flows with you.

i saw a show on one hill the other day. put a level on it and its shows that theres nothing abnormal about it, it just looks like your rolling uphill.

I'll have to do the level thing, if it isn't uphill it has to be down hill because you roll "up, striaght, down, whatever" pretty fast.

Back