Wifes Honda Civic leaks, Driver and Passanger floors

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jeffrey

I'm new here and very glad I found this site. As the title states, my wife's Civic is leaking. After a steady rain the bottom of the front driver and passanger sides are soaking wet. I'm pretty sure the leak is comming from the doors and the panels are funneling the rain in. Does anyone have a PDF of how to get the interior panels off? Once they are off I'm going to add some silicone seal around the doors to try to stop the leak.

Has anyone else had this problem. The car was in an accident over a year ago but this has been a recent problem. It happens level or sloping ground.

Jeff

Find anything? If it's a 2003, it might still be under warranty. Have you had a dealer look at it?

Yes, we wound up taking it to the body shop where the Insurance work was done. They found the leak, a rubber gasket popped out of the firewall. The hole was the size of a quarter, hence the incredable amount of water. Good thing is that they are fixing and drying out the carpet for free. Thanks for your help.

Jeff

i have this problem with my 98 coupe, it was also in a wreck and has a rebuilt title, it leaks in the trunk and put some silicone around the taillights but that doesnt help and it also leaks from the winsheild at the top on the passengerside and runs all the way down the side into the floor board and behind the kick panel where the ecu is, also leaks on the driver side where the door meets the body

The trunk leak is from the corners by the back glass, you should see some welds, silicone them on the inside, thats where mine and a friends was leakin from , along with several other ppl i know.

Back