Wii vs PS3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PS3 = graphics, but with same old controller set up.

Wii = different. active gaming.

The Wii is fun, and cheaper.

I've had a great time so far with the Wii, it's a blast to pick up and play.

I will with out a doubt own a PS3 in time. but at $599.99 I can wait for some 50+ games to come out.

I need to get into the series, but it doesnt matter because from what I know it's not out yet anyways.

Fight Night Round 3
8.2 Dec 6, 2006 Need for Speed Carbon
7.4 Nov 21, 2006 Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
8.2 Nov 21, 2006 Cash Guns Chaos
4.7 Nov 18, 2006 Ridge Racer 7
8.0 Nov 18, 2006 Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom
icon_movies.gif
6.0 Nov 17, 2006 Blast Factor
6.6 Nov 17, 2006 Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire
icon_movies.gif

3.9 Nov 17, 2006 NBA 2K7
icon_movies.gif
8.2 Nov 17, 2006 Madden NFL 07
icon_movies.gif

7.9 Nov 17, 2006 Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
icon_movies.gif
8.2 Nov 17, 2006 NHL 2K7
icon_movies.gif
8.3 Nov 16, 2006 NBA 07
icon_movies.gif
4.9 Nov 16, 2006 Resistance: Fall of Man
icon_movies.gif

8.6 Nov 15, 2006 Call of Duty 3
icon_movies.gif

8.2 Nov 14, 2006 Genji: Days of the Blade
icon_movies.gif

6.4 Nov 8, 2006 Tony Hawk's Project 8
icon_movies.gif
7.3 Nov 8, 2006
Games reviewed so far by gamespot

other then sports and FPS looks like nothing scored over an 8 not even tony hawk =(

Either way I'm not pressed to run out and buy a PS3 I'm with B on the whole wait till GT5 comes out.

Either way my whole point was from what I've read it looks as if more people are having a "blast" with the Wiis
While in the PS3 world I keep hearing about how great it looks, or how much they just sold it for on ebay.

That was the only reason I was up and ready to get the PS3 when it came out. Been hooked on the series since the first one, then was reading up on the new one and was pissed since they decided not to bring it out on PS2. But then decided to do the type R swap and that broke the bank so had to take my name off the reserve list at game stop, really sucked to cause I was number 2.

That's all I really play are sports games: Madden, NCAA, and NBA live, Fight Night, already beat NFS Carbon, surprized Genji scored so low, I was actually considering getting that

Last edited:
wii has got it beat. huge zelda fan here and damn if i wasnt having fun playing zelda for that hour.

i wanna see more games (ie ffxiii) before i buy a ps3.

getaway 3, devil may cry 3, GT 5, Fight Night 3, Killing Day, Killzone, Vision GT and best of all.... Metal Gear Solid 4.

Good luck Wii. The novelty will soon wear itself out. Viva la ps3!

getaway 3, devil may cry 3, GT 5, Fight Night 3, Killing Day, Killzone, Vision GT and best of all.... Metal Gear Solid 4.

Good luck Wii. The novelty will soon wear itself out. Viva la ps3!

I doubt the Wii will wear off. As long as Nintendo puts out fun games it will be... fun!

How many of those titles are coming out in 07? I thought GT5 was aiming for late 07 early 08?

those are all games to come, 'cept fight night, but Nintendo is going to have some stiff competition against games like that. The novelty will wear off where the ps3 will still be going strong.

07 games, Madden, Tiger Woods, Rainbow Six Vegas, F.E.A.R. (if anyone hasn't played it... its insane), Resistance (again, insane), Ridge Racer (not bad), Fight Night 3, Tony Hawk, and NBA 2k7 and 07 are both great.

I've seen a few games for the Wii, i dunno.. i was pretty disappointed with them. All you have to do is look at the list of games and you'll see why the ps3 is superior :D

I still disagree with the novelty since I really like the remote setup. Not just for the point and click things.

I think both systems will do pretty good. and life will only be better if both are owned =)

hah that is true. Dont get me wrong, the motion thing is pretty cool.. i was playing Golf but it got real old after a few holes. If they could make a golf club or baseball bat sized remote then id probably like it more, but for some reason swinging this tiny stick doesnt do it for me.

remember the track and field pad for Nintendo back in the day that you put on the floor and ran on.... yeah, that lasted long. :p

Last edited:
remember the track and field pad for Nintendo back in the day that you put on the floor and ran on.... yeah, that lasted long. :p

DDR is one of the biggest hits out there. more so in other countries.

Wii sports is a pretty simple basic set of games. the golf is no doubt simple and basic. and yes it gets boring fast with 1 player.

Have you played Zelda for a few hours? you use the wii mote like a normal controller for the most part. But when you want to pull your sward out you give the right mote a quick whip and when you want to swing you sword, swing the wiimote with little effort to attack, pair that up with normal button attacks. then when you want to shoot an arrow you aim the wiimote at the TV.

For the most part you hold the controller like a normal gaming controller. But IMO it's better since you can have one hand on your left side and one hand on the right side, this lets you sit at a very natural relaxed position, I don't know about you but I like sitting with my hands farther apart then 6"

It's not about the whole motion sensing and aiming, it's about putting everything together to make a great experience. no doubt swinging a damn remote around gets old fast, rayman has a few games where you have to move the wiimotes up and down as fast as you can, it's fun for a few minutes. thankfully they don't have too many mini games like that.

DDR is one of the biggest hits out there. more so in other countries.

Wii sports is a pretty simple basic set of games. the golf is no doubt simple and basic. and yes it gets boring fast with 1 player.

Have you played Zelda for a few hours? you use the wii mote like a normal controller for the most part. But when you want to pull your sward out you give the right mote a quick whip and when you want to swing you sword, swing the wiimote with little effort to attack, pair that up with normal button attacks. then when you want to shoot an arrow you aim the wiimote at the TV.

For the most part you hold the controller like a normal gaming controller. But IMO it's better since you can have one hand on your left side and one hand on the right side, this lets you sit at a very natural relaxed position, I don't know about you but I like sitting with my hands farther apart then 6"

It's not about the whole motion sensing and aiming, it's about putting everything together to make a great experience. no doubt swinging a damn remote around gets old fast, rayman has a few games where you have to move the wiimotes up and down as fast as you can, it's fun for a few minutes. thankfully they don't have too many mini games like that.
Only reason why i'm still a nintendo fan, Zelda and metroid, but seriously how many systems have nintendo had to put out to stay in the gaming industry, NES, SNES, 64, game cube, Wii, all great when they came out but fell off where as sony is only on their 3rd installment of a system

Only reason why i'm still a nintendo fan, Zelda and metroid, but seriously how many systems have nintendo had to put out to stay in the gaming industry, NES, SNES, 64, game cube, Wii, all great when they came out but fell off where as sony is only on their 3rd installment of a system
Congratulations on writing one of the dumbest things I have read in a while. Really, I applaud you. You do realize that consoles have a life span of give or take 5 years right? While the Cube wasn't nearly as successful as the PS2 it was released a year after the PS2 in no way a failure, same with the 64, which was released a year or so after the PS. So because they've been making systems for roughly 20 years... That's a system every 4 years! :ph34r:

Note-I didn't search for exact release dates or anything.

Congratulations on writing one of the dumbest things I have read in a while. Really, I applaud you. You do realize that consoles have a life span of give or take 5 years right? While the Cube wasn't nearly as successful as the PS2 it was released a year after the PS2 in no way a failure, same with the 64, which was released a year or so after the PS. So because they've been making systems for roughly 20 years... That's a system every 4 years! :ph34r:

Note-I didn't search for exact release dates or anything.

To back this up, let me point out a few things of the gaming world that make his quote EVEN WORSE.

8-bit NES. I think most of us can agree that MASS househould family gaming (in color mind you) started with this bad boy. Hell yeah, i rocked zelda for years, along with punch out and final fantasy. Then the SNES and SEGA Genesis came out. Both of which filled the "new game" void. Both systems did quite well, but in 97?, 2 systems were released. The Dreamcast and the PSX. Hell yeah, the dreamcast was well ahead of its time in features, but the gaming titles really killed any growth potential. To counter the threat those two consoles offered, nintindo released the N64 in line with the other two products. PS2, XBox and GameCube, all released around the same time. Now, the XBox 360, PS3 and Wii are still competing for the same market.

You cant dog Nintendo for starting a revolution and then keeping up with it. Thats like dogin AOL because they have had 9 versions and still have a HUGE market share. They must be doing something right (I know we have a lot of geeks here that would disagree, but AOL packages with a lot of broadband companies and still has an insane share for the product...unlike Nintendo, which usually has a STELLAR product).

To back this up, let me point out a few things of the gaming world that make his quote EVEN WORSE.

8-bit NES. I think most of us can agree that MASS househould family gaming (in color mind you) started with this bad boy. Hell yeah, i rocked zelda for years, along with punch out and final fantasy. Then the SNES and SEGA Genesis came out. Both of which filled the "new game" void. Both systems did quite well, but in 97?, 2 systems were released. The Dreamcast and the PSX. Hell yeah, the dreamcast was well ahead of its time in features, but the gaming titles really killed any growth potential. To counter the threat those two consoles offered, nintindo released the N64 in line with the other two products. PS2, XBox and GameCube, all released around the same time. Now, the XBox 360, PS3 and Wii are still competing for the same market.

You cant dog Nintendo for starting a revolution and then keeping up with it. Thats like dogin AOL because they have had 9 versions and still have a HUGE market share. They must be doing something right (I know we have a lot of geeks here that would disagree, but AOL packages with a lot of broadband companies and still has an insane share for the product...unlike Nintendo, which usually has a STELLAR product).
Did you mean the PSX and Saturn? cuz the Dreamcast came out in 99, I remember that from their ad campaign of being released on 9.9.99, and I think that the PSX/Saturn were 94/95ish, but I totally get your point. :D

don't give me that "Color gaming began with the Nintendo" horseshit.

Atari 800 is the original gaming device, in color. 1983 FTMFW.

BOOYA my age actually comes in handy for something.

don't give me that "Color gaming began with the Nintendo" horseshit.

Atari 800 is the original gaming device, in color. 1983 FTMFW.

BOOYA my age actually comes in handy for something.

Okay, everyone who had an Atari 800 raise your hand.

Now everyone who had an NES raise your hand.

Now Celerity, read my post.

8-bit NES. I think most of us can agree that MASS househould family gaming (in color mind you) started with this bad boy.

Should i have made the word MASS any more clear? I figured capping it might have helped. And if memory serves, the Atari 800 was 16 color gaming...nothing compared to 256 color (and later on 16-32bit)

Back