Wii vs PS3

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You folks simply aren't old enough to remember. Ataris were common (Of course not as common Nintendos, due to cost). Mass ? Absolutely.

the Atari was 8 bit in the highest end (dig dugg, shit like that like). The 4 bit crap like Berzerk, Spy Hunter and shit like that I didn't even include.

yeah, im definitely not old enough to remember the atari 2600 that is still floating around my attic somewhere. nope, cant remember that shit.

To back this up, let me point out a few things of the gaming world that make his quote EVEN WORSE.

8-bit NES. I think most of us can agree that MASS househould family gaming (in color mind you) started with this bad boy. Hell yeah, i rocked zelda for years, along with punch out and final fantasy. Then the SNES and SEGA Genesis came out. Both of which filled the "new game" void. Both systems did quite well, but in 97?, 2 systems were released. The Dreamcast and the PSX. Hell yeah, the dreamcast was well ahead of its time in features, but the gaming titles really killed any growth potential. To counter the threat those two consoles offered, nintindo released the N64 in line with the other two products. PS2, XBox and GameCube, all released around the same time. Now, the XBox 360, PS3 and Wii are still competing for the same market.

You cant dog Nintendo for starting a revolution and then keeping up with it. Thats like dogin AOL because they have had 9 versions and still have a HUGE market share. They must be doing something right (I know we have a lot of geeks here that would disagree, but AOL packages with a lot of broadband companies and still has an insane share for the product...unlike Nintendo, which usually has a STELLAR product).
Definitely not dogging nintendo, how could I when I still have every system they put out, my point was that basically after the SNES, the systems they put out died really fast usually less than "5 years" more like 2-3 years, when playstation came out they basically dominated the gaming platforms, and everyone was just trying to play catch up or keep up.

Know your roots:

sys_Atari2600.jpg

Know your roots:

sys_Atari2600.jpg

See, that's not my roots. I never had an atari. Our first gaming system in the house was the NES.

Then My brother bought;

The SNES
(got an N64 for christmas, just cause the fuckwad went into the army, he gets a whole new fucking gaming system for free... asshat.)
Game Cube
PS2
Game Gear
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
There was another game system, it was red and looked like giant goggles. Anyone know the name of it? I can't remember.
Nintendo DS (2, actually), and a DS Lite
Nintendo Wii

See, that's not my roots. I never had an atari. Our first gaming system in the house was the NES.

Then My brother bought;

The SNES
(got an N64 for christmas, just cause the fuckwad went into the army, he gets a whole new fucking gaming system for free... asshat.)
Game Cube
PS2
Game Gear
Game Boy
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
There was another game system, it was red and looked like giant goggles. Anyone know the name of it? I can't remember.
Nintendo DS (2, actually), and a DS Lite
Nintendo Wii

virtual boy.

Yes. Thank you Reiko! That thing was pretty cool for just being red lines. Hurt your eyes though.

Yes. Thank you Reiko! That thing was pretty cool for just being red lines. Hurt your eyes though.

werd. although i beat wario land? in like 4 or 5 hours of non stop playing. my mom got so mad at me. i remember it like it was yesterday. probably cause those 448 LEDs permanently burned that games image into my brain.

getaway 3, devil may cry 3, GT 5, Fight Night 3, Killing Day, Killzone, Vision GT and best of all.... Metal Gear Solid 4.

Good luck Wii. The novelty will soon wear itself out. Viva la ps3!
Can't believe I didn't catch this till now, the New Devil May Cry installment is part 4 not 3

Back