Wikedeye's EJ b16 build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I just painted them to match the rest until I can find an oem pair. It is pretty hard to find them with manual windows, but you can throw a rock blind folded and hit a set with power windows.

i think u can take the center part of the door panel off where it mounts the window thingyy.

i think u can take the center part of the door panel off where it mounts the window thingyy.
Good idea...I dont know why I never thought of that. I took the ones I have out and stripped the carpet and painted those. I am so slow sometimes.

Impact gun :thumbsup:
Go buy one then return it if you have to. :p
I dont have a compressor yet either. That is on the list of tools that I will be buying soon. I just havent really needed one yet (until now).

GL with the build. Yay for buying new tools and equipment!, while costly, they are a good investment.

They have electric impacts from DeWalt at Home Depot / Lowes. forget which ones sells DeWalt tools, but either one will have one. They are VERY torquey too.

Really...I would not have thought that an electric impact would do a very good job. I will have to check it out.

The rechargable Power tools are really starting to become worth it, in terms of price and power (to do the job and last). Pretty sure DeWalt is Lowes. I always forget about that stuff too ;x

Good idea...I dont know why I never thought of that. I took the ones I have out and stripped the carpet and painted those. I am so slow sometimes.

ha. yeah i tryed painting my door panels and destroyed the driver side one. so im gunn recover the inserts with tweed. i think im getting manual ones though from a local junkyard when i replcace them so i'll be in the same position your in.

The crappy part about the panels is I actually had a set that came with the rest of the interior. I went to this yard in Atlanta and picked out an interior (you go on the lot and look and then they come and pull it out for you). Paid for it. Decide to come back the next day because they said it would take a few hours to get to pulling it. Came back the next day and walked into the office where I saw two guys buying a set of door panels. I thought to myself "I wonder where they found those...I could only find one set yesterday". Come to find out that these guys walked into the shop at the yard and grabbed my panels. I watched them sell my parts which I had already paid for to someone else. Now I cant find any more.

I decided to do my rear disc conversion today, but I ran into a problem. One of the rear upper arm bolts stripped as I was putting it back in. Now I cant get it back out. What is the best way to get it out. It is loose enough to be moved around. Also will it be strong enough to drive for a day or two or should I get the stripped bolt out and replace it before I drive it.

You know, I almost sent you a text today, don't ask why. :D Do you have any pictures of where the bolt is stripped at?

I personally would not take a chance driving anything with a stripped bolt, but that's just me.

Sorry it was late last night when I posted, but I will get a pick today. I really dont know what to do even if I get it out how do I fix it for another bolt.

Here is a pic of said bolt...
P1010001-6.jpg

Last edited:
Got the bolt out, but I am worried that the threads where it goes are shot.

You can tap it. I bet those threads are 14x1.5mm, but check it out first.
If its going to need to be oversized, you can do that too.

You can tap it. I bet those threads are 14x1.5mm, but check it out first.
If its going to need to be oversized, you can do that too.

Andrew beat me to it. Enough said. :D

This f-in rear disc swap has been a real pain in my ass. I am going to pick up a set tomorrow and try it out. Hopefully I dont screw it up more.

I have faith in you man. After all, I have dubbed you Conan the Hondarian, ruler of all four cylinders, master of the wrench and king of the...err, yeah. You get the point. :D

Back