Wikedeye's EJ b16 build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just make sure you buy a metric set! (of course)

I would just 'chase' the threads with the 14x1.5 first and try it. see if you can get torque numbers off it. If it does torque, your good.

Well I finished the brake swap. I tried to tap out the bolt hole with little success so my friend is going to come over this weekend and see if he can help me. I couldnt get the tap to grab anything so I wasnt able to get it started, and I didnt want to start drilling since I have never done this before, so instead I finished everything else. Once I replace the bolt I will be ready to go.
P1010003-5.jpg

P1010002-10.jpg

It looks good with the wheels on. I will take some pics when I get the bolt fixed because she is dirty right now, and I don t want to wash her since I am going to do more work this weekend.

That is the wrong bolt for it, its not suposed to be a 12 point try the other bolt (6 point) in the side you thought was stripped out.

What do you mean? The bolt that is there is the one that has always been there? When you take them out they are the same, only the head is different, and I did try to put the other one there, but it wont start either.

Last edited:
yeah the 12 point was the factory bolt he was having problems taking out... ?

Looks good man. What coilovers are those?

It took a few days for me to get around to fixing the bolt, but my friend finally came over and helped me out. So I went to wash the car so I could call the job finished and take some pics. My cat climbed onto the car within minutes of me being home (her favorite bed is now clean). I was hoping to keep it clean for a day or two, but whatever. Any way here are some pics.
P1010017.jpg

P1010018.jpg

At least she matches the car.
P1010015.jpg

P1010016-1.jpg

I have been working on my 93 eg coupe for about two years now. I have done quite a bit of work on the interior and suspension, but I have been looking and waiting for an engine. Well today I finally purchased my second civic (two cars at once for the first time), which just happens to have a b16 in it, for $800. The car is a wreck and is too far gone to repair, but the engine sounds beautiful. The car has a gsr tranny, exedy clutch, dc header, adj. cam gears, rear disc conversion, p73 ecu, and a bunch of other random stuff (like gauges, etc.). Anyway here are the plans for the engine. I am going to pnp the head as well as get a good valve job (still looking for a good machine shop if anyone has any recommendations). Get the cylinders honed, Replace the pistons and rods, and use the ctr cams. I want to keep the compression low enough for a turbo set up, but that will be later. My end goal is between 250-300hp. Aside from the work on the head I plan to do everything myself, and it will be my first time building any engine, so any advice will be appreciated. It is 2:30am and I havent had a chance to take any pics, but first thing tomorrow I will update with a ton.

ii JUS SOLD MY 94 EG CIVIC HATCHBACK W/ JDM B16A
ii LUV THE CIVIC HATCHBACK BUT ii HAD 2 SELL iiT
BCUS HAD 2 MANY CARS &+_ THE CAR WAS
FAST &+_ NICE BUT iiT HAD 2 GO

94 EG CIVIC HATCHBACK W/JDM B16A:(:(
04 S2000 W/TURBO SOLD:(:(:(

You shouldve painted the hats on the rotors cuz theyre gonna rust.
Thats ok they werent very expensive, so I can just get new ones if they get too bad.

ii JUS SOLD MY 94 EG CIVIC HATCHBACK W/ JDM B16A
ii LUV THE CIVIC HATCHBACK BUT ii HAD 2 SELL iiT
BCUS HAD 2 MANY CARS &+_ THE CAR WAS
FAST &+_ NICE BUT iiT HAD 2 GO

94 EG CIVIC HATCHBACK W/JDM B16A:(:(
04 S2000 W/TURBO SOLD:(:(:(
Sorry to hear that, they both sound nice. I would be a little sad too.

I only paid $80 for both rotors, and they wont rust any more then a regular set would. I will just use them until they are bad and then get some blanks.

My bad! I posted that first thing this morning.
I read it as, "they were very expensive...." thats why I laughed... D'oh! hahaha

Back