Wikedeye's EJ b16 build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

No its not far, but I cant drive 4 hrs back and forth to work on the engine. I am staying with a friend for a few months until I can get a place. Once I find a good place I can bring everything up, but for now there is no room.

I know this thread is getting old and boring, but with tax returns coming soon and the fact that I finally found a job here in Atl. I should be getting started back up soon. I will have this engine in my car by the summer. Bump.

Well I haven't done too much to my car lately, but I am finally going to add an upgrade. I bought ex front control arms and a sway bar that I am installing soon. The sway bar had a bit of rust on the bottom so I am repaing it over the next few days (I never have any time). I also got a c pillar bar coming in from Megan racing in a couple of days. Next I am going to get a rear sway bar. I will take some pictures of the install so I can get this thread going again. Only two more months until I can get my engine up here from Savannah, then maybe I can get some stuff done.

I guess a few of the last posts got deleted in the down time. Anyway I picked up a comptech rear sway bar with the sub frame brace from a guy here in Atl. It is in pretty good shape and once I clean it up I will put it and the front bar on. One question, the front bar is a stock ex bar (21mm) and the comptech is 22mm, I know a larger rear bar reduces understear, but should the front bar be larger then the rear? Will I have too much oversteer with this set up?

Well I installed the front sway bar today. It started to rain before I could get to the rear one, but I will get to that one soon. I will get a couple of pictures tomorrow, even though I am sure everyone knows what a sway bar looks like.

Note to self: I tried to put on the rear sway bar, but the cheap exhaust that I have does not curve over the lower control arm, it is straight, which means there is not enough room between the exhaust and the control arm for the bar. I guess I have to buy a new exhaust.

I just ordered a new water pump and oil pump today. I am slowly chipping away at the parts that I need to finish the engine. Good news is that in two and a half weeks I will have a house with a two car garage to work in.

Back