Wil? An alcoholic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Last night I got wasted off cheap wine, corona, and some Maker's Mark...

And me and one of my roommates e-brake drifted my other roommate's $500 POS 91 hatch into about 8 curbs and a mailbox.....

:D

I quit drinking when I was 28 years old and never looked back. Absolutely the best thing I have ever done.

:werd:

Social drinking only for me, and even then- one to two max. No more. Losing control = bad.

"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution-then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous huxley

Now Alchohol is not this preferred drug, and even Huxley himself warned of the dangers associated with drugs - if they aren't the right ones(see "brave new world" and soma). But with alcohol I can only hope more people realize where some drug users are coming from. Now some people use drugs for the wrong reasons; while others, me, and a few friends are aware of the mind and its potential.

I just gets me down when I hear others (mainly christians or sheltered individuals) view marijuana users as 'dope fiends'. As inhuman addicts who would harm/kill for something or some drug. But marijuana and other naturally occuring drugs are here for us to consume and contemplate. Whether they are 'right' is up to the individual.

You may laugh at this as being preachy, but I hope alchohol allows some to view the world in a new light. While it is harmful to the body and can potentially be mentally harmful for some (over others, family history/gentics/etc. considered), it can still allow a legal path towards inward reflection and a holistic view of us all. A common and altruistic concept of humanity.

Now i've read into this thread too much...and my post is slightly off topic..

Originally posted by civicious@Mar 2 2005, 05:42 AM
Last night I got wasted off cheap wine, corona, and some Maker's Mark...
[post=468126]Quoted post[/post]​

mmmm makers mark mmmmmm

Originally posted by TommyTheCat@Mar 2 2005, 09:44 PM
I just gets me down when I hear others (mainly christians or sheltered individuals) view marijuana users as 'dope fiends'.  As inhuman addicts who would harm/kill for something or some drug.  But marijuana and other naturally occuring drugs are here for us to consume and contemplate.  Whether they are 'right' is up to the individual.
[post=468615]Quoted post[/post]​

LoL, I am a Christian, and while I don't necessarily look down on marijuana, alcohol, and all that, I am turned off to them for the sole reason that many people are not able to control themselves while using them. None of those things are bad in of themselves. It is the person that uses them to the point that they become a nuisance to society, i.e. drunk in public, etc. Case in point, my former roommate had plenty of money to buy weed and beer with, but when it came to paying the rent, that apparently wasn't important enough to work into his budget. I have known quite a few people like that. It gives controlled substances a bad name. Addiction is another problem plaguing society directly and indirectly, so I tend to shy away from things that I might become addicted to. I feel bad for all of you spending tons of money on booze and drugs, just so you can drown out the sensations of the natural world. Think of all the car parts you could buy with that money!

And for the record, Jager is where it's at...As for beer...Pyramid Hefenweizen, Guiness, Blue Moon, and Killians Irish Red are my choices. Screw that Fat Tire Garbage.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 2 2005, 09:20 PM
:werd:

Social drinking only for me, and even then- one to two max. No more. Losing control = bad.
[post=468512]Quoted post[/post]​

is it bad that i just turned 21 and im saying that.... :blink: :huh:

No, not at all- I've been saying that since I was 18. I don't like to get drunk- it's not fun at all. It does usually take a LOT more than 1-2 drinks though. :D

Back