will 17"rims fit on 92 civic hatchback?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jul 7 2005, 07:43 AM-->
Your drop is a little more than mine (I have GT3s too :) ) but you have a smaller tire :(. I guess I have to push my buddy to buy these so I can get the 15" Superleggeras :D
[post=522102]Quoted post[/post]​

woot woot for the gt3's :lol:

micah
@Jul 7 2005, 10:56 AM
i have no idea what my offset was but i didnt do anything to them. never touched my fenders, nothing.

just put them on and rode. never even got an alignment and i ran them for over 2 years and never once scrubbed. not during sharp turning, nothing.
[post=522195]Quoted post[/post]​

no offence or anything, but, ANYTIME!!!!! you put new tires or rims on your ride, no matter what model or spec, you should always have it aligned, i garentee your alignment is off!!! you may not feel it, but i'll bet you its off a bit. when you throw new tires or rims, it changes the alignment, your alignment will change overtime with tire wear, its like wearing new shoes, you need to break em in. thats just lazyness not to get an alignment. anyways, good luck on em.

17's honestly are just too big. its like throwing 26's on an suv, looks like crap.

its like throwing 26's on an suv, looks like crap.

07-26sOnACaddyEscalade.jpg

Looks good to me, gangster, but good

Originally posted by 92dxhatch+Jul 7 2005, 03:14 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 7 2005, 07:43 AM
Your drop is a little more than mine (I have GT3s too :) ) but you have a smaller tire :(. I guess I have to push my buddy to buy these so I can get the 15" Superleggeras :D

micah
i have no idea what my offset was but i didnt do anything to them. never touched my fenders, nothing.

just put them on and rode. never even got an alignment and i ran them for over 2 years and never once scrubbed. not during sharp turning, nothing.

no offence or anything, but, ANYTIME!!!!! you put new tires or rims on your ride, no matter what model or spec, you should always have it aligned, i garentee your alignment is off!!! you may not feel it, but i'll bet you its off a bit. when you throw new tires or rims, it changes the alignment, your alignment will change overtime with tire wear, its like wearing new shoes, you need to break em in. thats just lazyness not to get an alignment. anyways, good luck on em.

17's honestly are just too big. its like throwing 26's on an suv, looks like crap.
[post=522204]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
Haha, i got out of the game (of 17's) sold em to some mexican that spoke no english, for $400, then bought brand new blades!

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Jul 7 2005, 01:14 PM
its like throwing 26's on an suv, looks like crap.

in your opinion maybe. a buddy of mine just put 26" foose wheels on his escalade with a baer big brake kit and his suv looks good. doesnt look gangster at all

Originally posted by 92dxhatch+Jul 7 2005, 02:14 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 7 2005, 07:43 AM

micah

i rode for 2.5 years on 17's and only went through 2 sets of yokohama paradas, the last set of which is still on the rims a year later on a buddies car.

im now lowered on 15's and yes i have had an alignment ;)

Originally posted by micah@Jul 7 2005, 10:42 PM

i rode for 2.5 years on 17's and only went through 2 sets of yokohama paradas, the last set of which is still on the rims a year later on a buddies car.

im now lowered on 15's and yes i have had an alignment ;)
[post=522486]Quoted post[/post]​

glad to hear about that alignment :D

imo anything bigger than 16's is gaudy and god aweful but hey, its your car, your money what do i care. yes, they will fit!

Back