will 23mm type r sway bar fit gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evilgsr

Well i found a 23mm rear sway bar off of a type r for about 100 bucks, what i am wondering is if this will this fit my 96' gsr without modification and if so what is the difference, besides price, between this sway bar and a similar 22 mm "adjustable" one from a company such as progress or neuspeed. Also, exactly what impact handling-wise will this have on my car (daily driver/weekend auto x) ...ive heard it can tend to make the rear end present an appearance a little too often...

It will fit like it should and work well with a BSQ or Beaks reenforcement kit. The 23mm bar has ~37% more torsional rigidity than a 22mm bar. With this bar, the cars natural tendency at the limit is still understeering like a pig however lift throttle oversteer is more pronounced and can be used to your advantage to get the car to rotate. Just keep your foot on the gas during cornering and you will be fine, and gas if the back end steps out. I have been using a 23mm bar for over 100k street miles with, mmm, maybe 100+ auto-x events and probably 40 or so track weekends with the BSQ kit ans I have not had a single problem.

ah i see, coupla more quick questions, #1 the auction im bidding on includes the bar and nothing else, like no mounting stuff, if i get one of those kits you described would they come with everything i need to mount it? #2 how would a front sway bar affect my car's handling (if it has any significant effect at all) ...btw thanks a bunch for the info

No the kits only come with the chassis reinforcement pieces. You will wtill need misc bolts, swaybar brackets, and bushings. You can reuse your stock endlinks but I woul get new endlink bushings if yours are crusty. Second, a front swaybar(larger) will make the car understeer, thus negating any positive handling effect the larger rear bar had.

Back