Will 3 Hasport Mounts in My Eg hold my motor still??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EvoIX4me

Okay here is my dilema , I have a JDM B18C ITR motor in my EG hatchback and am only running the 3 motor mounts , No lower mounts cause on one side i have a AEM hybrid intake which was hitting the tranny mount so i removed it ( even with the bracket supplied by AEM) , Also since i am running a Rage- Hytech header i dont have the Ac bracket mount . So my motor when i rev it up flexes ALOT , i wanted to know if just the 3 hasport mounts will hold my motor completely still or will it still flex due to having no lower mounts ? I would hate to spend 350 only to have it not solve my problem , any of you guys running these ?

Last edited:
With my setup it will hit my intake , Any other motor mounts Solid Mount the motor somewhat , Like Place racing or Avid ??

no, it will still move in the long run plus its not good for the motor and tranny, i have had a eg with a b16a and put a type r cai on it and it cleared fine, but i guess the gsr intake main is throwing it off

no, it will still move in the long run
no it won't. HaSport designed thier mount kits for strength and durability. B Series mount kit for an EG from hasport will hold that motor better than the 5 stock mounts. Although, the cheapest way would be to just fix the intake and put the 2 mounts back on but you'll be PERFECTLY fine with the HaSport mounts.

in the long run it will move if he dont have all of them
in the long run EVERYTHING moves or breaks eventually. That's like telling someone not to turbo thier motor because in the long run it will blow. I don't care how good the tune is, a turbo motor will eventually blow, that's the life story of a turbo honda.

Don't buy new tires because they will eventually wear out :ph34r: Oh you know what, fuck it, stop wiping your ass every time you take a shit because it's gonna get dirty again anyway right?

Now back to the topic... the HaSport mounts are well worth the money. Don't take my word for it, send a PM to the Mods and Admins with a link to this thread and tell them you would like thier input.

... Thanks to the other members who KNOW the hasport mounts and what they where designed to do here is a pic of my engine bay in progress ...and by the way if you read ahhvtec i dont have a gsr intake manifold i have a JDM TYPE R :)

Hope you guys like the swap .. Pics are before i installed my rage-hytech header

hondajdmpic001.jpg

hondajdmpic003.jpg

hondajdmpic002.jpg

i wouldnt ever listen to ahhvtec.. nice swap.. :thumbsup:

Now guys which hasport mount would be best ?

They offer 3 different inserts for the mounts

- street
-race
- or full race ??

Car is a daily driver but i do track and autox alot

seeing that you're running only 3 mounts.. you'll want it stiffer.. i'd go with the race..

hell look at the CRX mounts. they run 3 mounts on all the swap. shit ive had a 3 mount setup in my crx for like 3 years and it doesnt move anymore now then it did the day i installed them.

Hasport :thumbsup:

seeing that you're running only 3 mounts.. you'll want it stiffer.. i'd go with the race..
not neccissarily(sp?) The Street ones are strong, real strong, so they would be fine for a weekend racer. The street ones are more comfort friendly so you don't feel a lot of the motor vibration. So in other words, if you daily drive this car and just race on the weekends or so, then the street ones will suit you perfectly without having to worry about them breaking. Obviously the race ones are stronger and stiffer but by no means are the street version mounts weak.

hell look at the CRX mounts. they run 3 mounts on all the swap. shit ive had a 3 mount setup in my crx for like 3 years and it doesnt move anymore now then it did the day i installed them.

Hasport :thumbsup:
:werd: with my first swap I used place racing style mounts and to this day they are barely starting to show wear. I bought these in 2001. If they last this long, and counting, I can only imagine how long HaSport mounts will last. oh, and the guy who has my mount kit now is using them in his EF hatch with a B20/Vtec turbo :eek:

i was just sspeaking from what happend to me mabe i just got a lemmon, mount kit from hasport

i was just sspeaking from what happend to me mabe i just got a lemmon, mount kit from hasport
I call bullshit because if you actually had a set of hasport mounts you'd know that they have a lifetime warranty against defects. but now i already know you're gonna try and say you bought them off of someone so you never knew about that warranty blah blah blah. face it, you thought you knew the answer, you didn't so just admit it and go jump in your Honda Six and drive away to another topic and post some +1's, :werd: 's, and :withstupid: 's...

I call bullshit because if you actually had a set of hasport mounts you'd know that they have a lifetime warranty against defects. but now i already know you're gonna try and say you bought them off of someone so you never knew about that warranty blah blah blah. face it, you thought you knew the answer, you didn't so just admit it and go jump in your Honda Six and drive away to another topic and post some +1's, :werd: 's, and :withstupid: 's...
new leaf

Last edited:
Back