Will 92 teggy dizzy work on gen 1 b16 help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Samuels

I think my dizzy's bad and a friend has a 92 teg motor that is blown. He says its obd-0 but i thought it was obd-1. I have a 90-91 teggy cap and rotor button THATS BASICALLY NEW. His dizzy the cap is crack. Can I put my cap on his dizzy to see if thats indeed my problem??

I'm basically not getting spark and it shutoff with no warning. The car is a 90 hatch si with gen 1 pr3 b16 swap. any idea's?

Your friend is an idiot. His Distributor is OBD1, as you suspected. Yes, your cap/rotor will work on teh OBD1 Dist. No, you can not use the OBD1 distributor to determine the source of your problem.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Apr 8 2005, 12:21 AM
Your friend is an idiot. His Distributor is OBD1, as you suspected. Yes, your cap/rotor will work on teh OBD1 Dist. No, you can not use the OBD1 distributor to determine the source of your problem.
[post=484528]Quoted post[/post]​

What car and year should I get a dizzy for? My cap & rotor was 90-91 teg. Do I need the 87-89 teg dizzy? ZC? HELP anybody trying to get this fixed before nopi saturday I only got tommorow.

Hey man... calm down. You need a distributor from a 90-91 Integra. Cap, rotor anything to do with teh ignition system is for a 90-91 Integra.

Brian

thanks man, So just get a 90-91 teg dizzy and its obd-0.

I actually talked to him again he said he thinks it may be a 91 engine. How could I know if this dizzy is a 91 or 92?

if you get the new distributor, go check out www.distributorking.com . I bought mine from him a few months ago. It comes with a 3 year warranty and it costs less than $200. I didnt price any from acura......

Back