Will A 99-00si Tranny Work In A Del Sol Vtec? B16a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

plumber

I have a '94 del Sol VTEC b16a that needs a new tranny ASAP. Will a tranny from a 99-00 SI work? Is there anything I need to look out for OBDI to OBDII? What are my other options? LS tranny? GSR tranny? Thanks for your help.

If anyone has one for sale let me know.

picontrollerguy@yahoo.com

basically any B-series tranny will work fine. the OBD of the car will not in any way affect the tranny. just make sure you get a hydro tranny and not a cable. your car uses hydraulic fluid to engage/disengage the clutch.
check the reference section of this site for specs on the tranny's because they have different gear ratios, that way you can make a better decision when it comes time to make your purchase.

I have a b16a with 00' Si tranny and TypeR clutch...some wiring mods to make the 00' obd2 tranny work with obd1 motor but its working great! :D ... look into the cable or hydro tranny etc?

Originally posted by Boodussi808@May 20 2003, 03:38 PM
I have a b16a with 00' Si tranny and TypeR clutch...some wiring mods to make the 00' obd2 tranny work with obd1 motor but its working great! :D ... look into the cable or hydro tranny etc?

the OBD has no affect on the tranny. the only 2 connections that there are on the tranny are the sensor for the reverse light and the speed sensor. those are the same on obd1 and obd2 trannies. it's a straight swap.

be careful with the 99-00 Si ones, they have a recall and if it hasn't been fixed you'll be buying new syncros.

The TSB is on my site if you want to read it.

Back