will a b16a intake manifold???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DA69

hey guys i found a cheap head. i just want to see if my manifold will bolt up to it. if not what could i do? thanx

that is what i thought. oh well if anyone wants a cheap b18c head, there is one on the partstrader for 350. just wanted to put it out there

parts trader sucks ass. and havign the wrong intake manifold is a pthetic reason not to buy a cheap Vtec head. you can make the b16a intake manifold work with it, or better yet, just buy a cheap b18b intake manifold until you can afford the gsr one. i have like three intake manifolds for sale if you want.

oh you can use the b18 non vtec manifold on the b18c1. i did not know that. is the b18c1 head better than a b16a head? i just want to be able to still run my obd 0 program. i mean thats what my car is set up for. thanx for the help

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Jul 17 2003, 02:09 AM
parts trader sucks ass. and havign the wrong intake manifold is a pthetic reason not to buy a cheap Vtec head. you can make the b16a intake manifold work with it, or better yet, just buy a cheap b18b intake manifold until you can afford the gsr one. i have like three intake manifolds for sale if you want.

thanx bro but i have 3 myself from old motors. 2 b18a obd 0 and 1 b18a obd 1. so i hope one of these would work.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Jul 16 2003, 11:09 PM
or better yet, just buy a cheap b18b intake manifold until you can afford the gsr one.

no dude, that wont work.
get a skunk2 intake manifold.

I like partstrader, I have always used it and to me it has been good :)

As far as the head, i would buy it, GSR heads are costing roughly 700ish since they are in a little bit of more demand than b16's are. Just buy a skunk intake manny and problem solved.

Milan

tru thanx guys. im just tryin to rebuild my ls/vtec and weighing my options. you all are a great help. thanx again

pissedoffsol Posted on Jul 17 2003, 09:42 AM
QUOTE (DA69 @ Jul 17 2003, 07:53 AM)
oh you can use the b18 non vtec manifold on the b18c1.

no you can't.

why not. the bolt pattern isn't that different.

well i'm saying that, but i am comparing my b16 intake manifold to my b18a and b18b. and i always heard you can get the gsr intake mani to fit ls motors so why not the other way around.

not trying to be stupid or start an argument. just want to know.

their are two differences between the b16a intake manifold pattern and the b18a/b

1. there is one stud that is in the wrong spot

2. the coolant passages are different

there are no differences that i know of between the ls and gsr manifold mounting pattern.

Back