will a camber kit help?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX2NR18

my crx is lowered 3" and the best 60ft time i could get a 2.49, my buddy has an h22 hatch not lowered and getting 2.1 and 2.2 with rims like me, so if i got a camber kit would it help my time?

in a sense, yes. the camber kit will make your wheels more straight up and down || versus the way they most likely sit now / \ . this will allow for a better footprint, allowing for aharder launches with less wheelspin.

Didn't someone on here say anything over a 3 inch drop needs a camber kit?

Other benefits include your tires will wear evenly and much slower.

You have a mini me, and are wondering why a H22 hatch is doing better 60' s?

yes because in a sense he should do worse due to the 90ft/lbs more tq. he s hould have a harder time getting traction

No, not really. It depends on if he can drive, just having torque doesn't mean you automatically spin your tires, it's called feathering.

dude screw the 60ft, get the camber kit. your tires will thank you.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jul 5 2004, 05:13 AM
Toe in/out wears your tires, camber has very little wear factor.

yes, but if you don't have you camber in line, you can't properly adjust your toe, hence the need for a camber kit

Originally posted by spectacle+Jul 5 2004, 09:21 PM-->
@Jul 5 2004, 05:13 AM
Toe in/out wears your tires, camber has very little wear factor.

yes, but if you don't have you camber in line, you can't properly adjust your toe, hence the need for a camber kit

I have a bent knuckle (on old car), and over 3 degree of negative camber, and the toe is adjusted perfect. I didn't wear the tires unevenly at all after a few thousand autobahn miles.

well maybe your car is the exception, but i know for a fact and experience that if your tires look like this / \ the inside of your tires will wear prematurely. its called negative camber, and its not the best for your tires.

I know what it's called, I know what it does, and I know my tires are not magical. I concede that maybe it will wear about .5-1 mm after a while, but the killer of tires is toe. If your toe is correct, camber can be more extreme and not wear nearly as bad.

Back