will a manuel P28 work on an auto car?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRVTEC EG

I tried doing a search but couldn't find anything other then auto to manual conversion threads.......

I'm looking for an auto P28 but can't find any.....would a manual P28 work on an auto D15b? Thanks for any help

the answer isn't mearly a NO!

actually if you open up the ECU and put a resitor in the correct spot
J18 or something I can't remember the position It will be able to work with an automatic transmission

i'm not 100% sure if it will work like that. I know you can easily convert an auto to manual by getting rid of the resistor and adding a jumper, however. I thought there were two transistors on an auto ECU that arent there on the manual ECU's.

i'm sure Allmotormonster or projeckteg will have some input...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 17 2005, 12:57 PM
manuel = spansih dude
manual = a type of tranny.

and yes, it can be done.

https://hondaswap.com/~pills/autotomanual.html
[post=446847]Quoted post[/post]​

HAHA, i thought about that as i was reading the reply's....i'm not refering to a spanish dude :lol:

I'm looking at one on ebay but the serial number on it ends in -A52....i was under the impression that auto's ended in -900

Thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 17 2005, 01:09 PM
i'm not 100% sure if it will work like that. I know you can easily convert an auto to manual by getting rid of the resistor and adding a jumper, however. I thought there were two transistors on an auto ECU that arent there on the manual ECU's.

i'm sure Allmotormonster or projeckteg will have some input...
[post=446857]Quoted post[/post]​

oohh , i read the topic backwards.

Originally posted by CRVTEC EG@Jan 17 2005, 01:40 PM

I'm looking at one on ebay but the serial number on it ends in -A52....i was under the impression that auto's ended in -900

Thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:
[post=446869]Quoted post[/post]​

The JDM ECUs will be -900. The USDM will be A50, 51, 52, L50, L51, or L52.

i thought it was the other way around....you can turn an auto ECU into a manual by removing some of the resistors but you cant turn a manual into an auto??

thats what i was saying... i believe there are two transistors (among other things) that are present on auto ECU's and removing that resistor and installing a jumper merely bypasses that part of the circuit. i am not 100% sure on this though. and i sold my ECU that I converted to manual (along with the car) so i have no way to verify

Originally posted by Jim Truett+Jan 17 2005, 02:33 PM-->
CRVTEC EG
@Jan 17 2005, 01:40 PM

Thanks for the help guys  :thumbsup:
[post=446869]Quoted post[/post]​

The JDM ECUs will be -900. The USDM will be A50, 51, 52, L50, L51, or L52.
[post=446904]Quoted post[/post]​

Good to know.....thanks again for all the help guys
Steve

Originally posted by TeamUrbanChaos@Jan 17 2005, 06:23 PM
i thought it was the other way around....you can turn an auto ECU into a manual by removing some of the resistors but you cant turn a manual into an auto??
[post=447042]Quoted post[/post]​

Urban is correct.

Although, you really can't use a Auto ecu for a Manual car correctly in stock form.

But if you program it you can. Even though people do it all the time....

can you elaborate on why, for my personal interest? what is present in OEM auto ecu's that aren't on the "manuel" :ph34r:

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 18 2005, 08:45 AM
can you elaborate on why, for my personal interest? what is present in OEM auto ecu's that aren't on the "manuel" :ph34r:
[post=447300]Quoted post[/post]​

the most noticable differences by a glance are the 2 sk5050/sk5151 highside power switches located at ic15 and ic16 (used to control auto lock up solenoids, same component is located at ic14 and ic13 on obd1 vtec ecu's to control the vtec solenoids also) on auto ecu's, and the jumper/resistor configuration at rp17 and rp18. there are a few other little things that you can notice if comparing an auto ecu to a manual ecu of the same board type, but i don't remember all of them off the top of my head.

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Jan 18 2005, 07:45 AM
[post=447300]Quoted post[/post]​

The fuel and timing maps are different.

Back