Will a Scion Xa motor fit into my Civic?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rabuki

What it do fellow ricers? Yo man I have a 1990 Honda civic hatch that needs beef. There has been some amazing swaps and some from other car makers. Well I have a damn near new toyota scion xa motor sitting in front of me and i have been thumping the net for months to find if I can put that sucker into my engine bay. its a dual overhead cam and would be a cool project if it is possible. Please help me out as only the honda nation can help me.

Custom mounts plus axles? Obviously more to it than that. What info are you exactly looking for?

And, specifically a swap from an Xa isn't really impressive considering it's about on par as the stock 88-91 Si engines.

aside from the fact you are retarded and probably wont ever post again on here, it's a dumb idea.

but to answer your question, you would be better off trying to put that engine into another toyota. it would probably fit in a celica a lot easier than an old ass honda.

N/A Toyota Motors are mostly :thumbsdown: You make less power than any Honda motor of the same displacement with exactly the same gas mileage or worse.

aside from the fact you are retarded and probably wont ever post again on here, it's a dumb idea.

but to answer your question, you would be better off trying to put that engine into another toyota. it would probably fit in a celica a lot easier than an old ass honda.

X2! my thoughts exactly.

Wheres the b!tch slap smiley?

that thing makes what, 100hp... totally not worth it when there's 3r423432 honda motors that also make 100 hp

You can make anything fit. Spend a lot of time and money to get your 90 civic hatch to run with a scion engine. A stock 90 civic si hatch will probably be faster.

What it do fellow ricers? Yo man I have a 1990 Honda civic hatch that needs beef. There has been some amazing swaps and some from other car makers. Well I have a damn near new toyota scion xa motor sitting in front of me and i have been thumping the net for months to find if I can put that sucker into my engine bay. its a dual overhead cam and would be a cool project if it is possible. Please help me out as only the honda nation can help me.

attachment-6.jpg

But this swap makes sense.

In a perverse way, it does, same size, fit, and orientation, more power.

To the OP, even if you had the parts to swap in a Scion motor, it just wouldn't be worth the effort. If it's a newer motor you could probably trade it to a junkyard for any number of older Honda motors that would swap right in with little to no hassle.

Back