Will a tiny TD04-9B push 6psi on a B16A?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90B16a1si

I really love my 90 Si, but there is this tiny TD04-9B on the shelf begging to be used. That is the turbo from the Dodge stealth, although it had two of them. It should spool from idle ;), but I am a little nervous of hitting a full 6psi by 8200rpm. Anyone have any experience?

Other info... I will be using a BEGI adjustable FMU but with my LC1 wideband from my miata. Also, it will be non intercooled and all piping will by custom made from mostly scraps, assuming flanges are available. My car was quick at the strip until all of my friends went FI. :( And I don't always want to take the miata. :ph34r:

lol a mostly stock Si isnt that quick.

Definitely, but it is a B16, is that considered mostly stock for an EF?
I run a 10.3 eighth, with horrible 2.5 60 foots, trapping at 71mph, but very consistant, (9 out of 9 runs). Fortunately, the track is really bad and others are correspondingly slow, automatic C5 and mostly stock WRXs ran a 10.2 with a good run, for example. With some semi-slicks and 6 psi, high 8s are possible on this track. At least thats what my friends run with turbo civics.

It will be about a month but I didn't want to get started on it if it won't be able to push 6psi. The DSM turbos seem recommended often, the hardest part is getting the corresponding manifold and downpipe. Don't buy a cheap ebay turbo, your better off with a used oem, but there are lots of dishonest sellers with leaking oil seals. I know this from experience.

The T04-9B is tiny and I would imagine you're going to be choking flow up top. I'd recommend looking into something with a TD05H housing (14b, 16g, etc).

Back