will a zc fit in 92 civic with d tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I want to do a low budget engine swap 1000-1500 for everything. My motor is burning oil, and I think it is coming from the rings, so that rules out the vtec head swap (mini me). Is the ZC motor a better idea then the d15? I will think about putting in pistons and rods and building a budget turbo but that is for the future. With wiseco pistons and quality rods plus turbo do you think I could yield good enough numbers to push a 4 door into the low 13s on good street legal tires? I have done some research on homemadeturbo.com and this is the parts list I came up with

D15 motor, Si tranny, axles, new clutch
Turbo
manifold
downpipe
charge lines
gaskets
BOV
some type of engine mangement ie hondata or vafc TUNING
intercooler
Wastegate??
larger injectors??

think I could get all this for less then 3grand

Sorry moderating team but I didn't want to post 2 topicst

Originally posted by steve92civic@Sep 2 2004, 12:19 PM
I want to do a low budget engine swap 1000-1500 for everything. My motor is burning oil, and I think it is coming from the rings, so that rules out the vtec head swap (mini me). Is the ZC motor a better idea then the d15? I will think about putting in pistons and rods and building a budget turbo but that is for the future. With wiseco pistons and quality rods plus turbo do you think I could yield good enough numbers to push a 4 door into the low 13s on good street legal tires? I have done some research on homemadeturbo.com and this is the parts list I came up with

D15 motor, Si tranny, axles, new clutch
Turbo
manifold
downpipe
charge lines
gaskets
BOV
some type of engine mangement ie hondata or vafc TUNING
intercooler
Wastegate??
larger injectors??

think I could get all this for less then 3grand

Sorry moderating team but I didn't want to post 2 topicst
[post=385262]Quoted post[/post]​

Im getting ready to drop a zc into my 92 hatch next w/e. It is a d series motor if u didnt know so it Will fit.

Back