will catbacks bolt up to swapped EG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bdogggut34

I am currently installing a 95 B18b LS motor into my 92 Hatch. I am wanting the Apexi N1 full catback but will the one specifically for the 92-95 hatches bolt up to the stock downpipe of the LS motor or will there be fitment or length issues because of the different motor?

Which model do you have? On some the cat is in the front, and when you mount the cat back after a swap, you be missing a section (cat) if you get the cat with the swap, you should fit.

Most cat backs are made for upper trim levels like Si, and EX that's why they will be missing the section for the cat on lower models like the CX, VX, etc... they fit, they are just short.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Oct 30 2004, 11:36 AM
Which model do you have? On some the cat is in the front, and when you mount the cat back after a swap, you be missing a section (cat) if you get the cat with the swap, you should fit.

Most cat backs are made for upper trim levels like Si, and EX that's why they will be missing the section for the cat on lower models like the CX, VX, etc... they fit, they are just short.
[post=409541]Quoted post[/post]​

the model is an Si. So basically if i use an integra cat then it will bolt up? Are the bolt patterns the same then? I'm just thinkin that the catback is made for a D16z6 or a lower engine and I dont know if the bolt up patterns are the same for a Bseries compared to Dseries?

Sometimes it is better to get one made at a shop. But you may not be able to predict the sound of it. Due to the type of piping you choose to use. But if you are not worried about a cat buy a catback system and get a local welder to fab you up a test pipe the length you need it and bolt that up.

Originally posted by bdogggut34+Oct 30 2004, 05:47 PM-->
@Oct 30 2004, 11:36 AM

the model is an Si. So basically if i use an integra cat then it will bolt up? Are the bolt patterns the same then? I'm just thinkin that the catback is made for a D16z6 or a lower engine and I dont know if the bolt up patterns are the same for a Bseries compared to Dseries?
[post=409552]Quoted post[/post]​

They (flanges) are the same. The main differences are how low the header hangs, and length of the header. That's why is gets a should fit, instead of a will fit.

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Oct 30 2004, 11:55 AM
Sometimes it is better to get one made at a shop. But you may not be able to predict the sound of it. Due to the type of piping you choose to use. But if you are not worried about a cat buy a catback system and get a local welder to fab you up a test pipe the length you need it and bolt that up.
[post=409558]Quoted post[/post]​

yea good call, i may do that.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Oct 30 2004, 11:58 AM-->
Originally posted by bdogggut34@Oct 30 2004, 05:47 PM
92b16vx
@Oct 30 2004, 11:36 AM

[post=409552]Quoted post[/post]​

They (flanges) are the same. The main differences are how low the header hangs, and length of the header. That's why is gets a should fit, instead of a will fit.
[post=409559]Quoted post[/post]​

ok so thats good then, i was more worried about the bolt pattern being different rather than length. Thanks for the help man!

Yes it will fit.

The majority of aftermarket exhaust systems have a certain amount of telescoping capability. The exhaust companies usually claim their products are "Bolt-on" with no welding required, but this is rarely the case. I have a Magnaflow stainless exhaust that has the same specs as the Apexi N1 unit, and I was able to control the length of the downpipe right to my Headers (I use no cat). It will be two pieces of your downpipe, one overlapping another that you can cut to length, then permanently weld in place.

I have a JDM B16A in a 93 DX Hatch in case you were wondering what my reference was. I had no problem installing an N1 exhaust specifically made for a 92-95 Civic Hatchback on my swapped B-series EG.

Hope this helps.

Back