Will F22 Auto Tranny Fit H22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I have 93 accord i am looking to swap the f22 for h22 but it has and auto and I don't really want to do the standerd coversion seems to hard so will the f22 tranny bolt up to the h22

Will that work the other way around h23 tranny to a F22? Because I have an extra H23 I'm selling and some kid wants to buy it and I wasn't sure if it would bolt up to his F22. :blink:

I can tell you for a fact that this swap works. You do want to keep a couple of things in mind when you do this swap. It is cheaper. Your tranny probably will last a while, how long?, I don't know yet. But, I have found one major drawback that deserves consiberable note. With everything working properly, Vtec kicks in at 5000 rpm. Even when I hold first gear to 7000(holding manually), and then allow the tranny to shift, the gearing is too long. I drop out of Vtec down to about 4500 rpm's or so. This kinda sucks, because you have a huge variation in power. My advice is to buy the auto H22A tranny to change with the swap. It will be the exact same swap, and you can get back some of your money selling your F22 tranny. H23 tranny would also be better. Or, as a totally different solution, you could put in a H23 and aggressive cams that don't rely on VTEC, or add a VTEC controller.

Email me with your questions, I can save you a lot of research time with the pinouts and stuff. I am speaking from experience on this. It is still a lot of fun to drop first at 30 mph, VTEC kicks real nice. I can just tell you that you'd be happier with a tranny that keeps you in VTEC at the shift point, rather than waiting for the engine to spin up fast enough to engage VTEC a second time......Good luck.

By the way, I kept my damn power steering and air conditioning. It's not that hard to do. Plan on a different power steering pump line though......

Back