will GR-2 be ok with H&R springs, or agx required?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alldemtingz

just bought the H&R sport springs for my eg civic sedan, kinda new here. will the kyb gr-2 provide a comfortable ride and match the springs for performance and stiffness, (90% street use), or do i need adjustability on the kyb agx for the H&R sport's. also im gonna put on 17x7's, with offset of 42mm-45mm does it need a camber kit (front or rear)?

You can run the GR-2s with no problems, but the AGXs will give you a better ride through having some adjustability.

I would definitely recommend a camber kit with your drop and 17 inch wheels.

Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 7 2005, 09:20 AM

I would definitely recommend a camber kit with your drop and 17 inch wheels.
[post=457384]Quoted post[/post]​

front camber kit or rear camber kit or both?

thanx

you will like the ride alot better on the agx's, i have the agx's and sportlines and camber kits, ride is superb. and yes you'll need camber kits, you can some really good ones from eibach, they are easy to install and cost u less. so good luck

Actually the agx have a more uncomfortable ride, depending on what you want the gr-2's will give you some sportiness and a smooth ride compared to the aggressive agx's.

AGX'S can be uncomfortable depending on the stiffness. acctually on the softest setting i get a perfect stock ride, but if you want to hit the tracks, it can be as sporty as you like.

Originally posted by vtecsir1@Feb 7 2005, 05:41 PM
Actually the agx have a more uncomfortable ride, depending on what you want the gr-2's will give you some sportiness and a smooth ride compared to the aggressive agx's.
[post=457569]Quoted post[/post]​

well now im confused again.....lol.... :huh:

won't the agx's give you adjustability to adjust between comfort and performance? and how do the gr-2's match the H&R sports for performance and comfort?

Originally posted by 92dxhatch@Feb 7 2005, 06:25 PM
AGX'S can be uncomfortable depending on the stiffness. acctually on the softest setting i get a perfect stock ride, but if you want to hit the tracks, it can be as sporty as you like.
[post=457578]Quoted post[/post]​

that's what i thought B)

belive me, i own the agx's, i have tried many brands and combo's, this is comfort and performance. trust me. you like :)

i have gr-2s, my friend with the same setup as me has agx's. agx's on soft setting are still stiff.

if you want comfort go with gr-2 if you want a stiffer ride go with agx.

Originally posted by alldemtingz+Feb 7 2005, 01:04 PM-->
[post=457501]Quoted post[/post]​

Both

vtecsir1
@Feb 8 2005, 08:35 AM
i have gr-2s, my friend with the same setup as me has agx's. agx's on soft setting are still stiff.

[post=457954]Quoted post[/post]​

No way man- the AGXs on the softest setting with Pro-Kits on my Civic made it ride as smooth as a Cadillac. They're not jarringly stiff at the lowest setting.

Originally posted by Calesta+Feb 8 2005, 12:05 PM-->
Originally posted by alldemtingz@Feb 7 2005, 01:04 PM

Both

vtecsir1

No way man- the AGXs on the softest setting with Pro-Kits on my Civic made it ride as smooth as a Cadillac. They're not jarringly stiff at the lowest setting.
[post=458096]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you for your support, i swear some people shouldn't give advise if they don't know what they are talking about.
i apologize for being rude, but agx's will give you the soft ride when you want and a stiff as crap ride when you want to hit the tracks.

how can gr-2 be better, either its really soft and performance is out of the question, or it rides like a tank and comfort is out of the question, i'm sorry the Agx's have a broader range of soft to performance. a NON-adjustible shock will NOT do both!!!

Very true. GR-2s are supposedly valved 15% stiffer than their OEM counterparts, so they won't be too much stiffer than stock. They are still pretty good shocks though, and after having them on 3 cars I still think they're a really good value. The GR-2s will be fine with the H&R springs, but of course the AGXs would be a better choice.

KYB agx's it is! thanks guys, i just ordered them for $300 shipped.

Now for the camber kit, there's many different ones, some have upper control arms and some have camber arms. which ones won't bust my budget and provide good quality and functionality for camber adjustment for all four wheels?

Try the Skunk2s or Omnipowers (basically the same thing) if you have a bit of cash to spend and want good adjustability. If you're short on cash, get the Progress kit. Even though it only has two settings up front and uses washers in the rear, it's a very solid kit and will hold up to some pretty heavy abuse. I used a Progress kit until I took it out in favor of the Skunk2 control arms, and I was pretty happy with it.

The SPC kit is nice too- it adds caster adjustability into the replacement upper control arms.

Eibach has somewhat the same thing, they take heavy abuse and are fully adjustible for 3" in the rear and front, you won't need that, but is very esy to intall, it replaces the upper control arm and has a hex nut that adjusts the camber in the rear and the front is using the caster i belive. very easy and will cost you about 200 or so shipped.

Originally posted by 92dxhatch+Feb 8 2005, 04:56 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@Feb 8 2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by alldemtingz@Feb 7 2005, 01:04 PM

Both

vtecsir1

[post=458096]Quoted post[/post]​

thank you for your support, i swear some people shouldn't give advise if they don't know what they are talking about.
i apologize for being rude, but agx's will give you the soft ride when you want and a stiff as crap ride when you want to hit the tracks.

how can gr-2 be better, either its really soft and performance is out of the question, or it rides like a tank and comfort is out of the question, i'm sorry the Agx's have a broader range of soft to performance. a NON-adjustible shock will NOT do both!!!
[post=458166]Quoted post[/post]​

i shouldnt give advise huh..ok sure im sure i have a little more exp. but whatever you want to think. i own gr-2's do you?, where did i say gr-2's were better than agx's? in my opinion after riding in a a civic hb with the same springs that i have on my civic hb the agx on soft was not as soft as my cars ride, do you understand now or should i repeat it again like im already doing. read the posts before you pop off at the mouth.

I would just get an alignment and see how the tires hold up after a few months. I'm on Neuspeed Sports and AGX's with a 1.75" drop on my 98 Civic EX 4dr. And I dont' have ANY camber or toe in wear after 6 months of daily driving. And my rear camber is 2.7 degrees. Front is around 1.5, I can look it up if you want :p

VtecSiR, I had GR-2's before. The softest setting on AGX's is smoother than GR-2's. I've owned both, driven on both, raced on both. I know what I'm talking about.

Back