will h22a vtec mount on f22b2 trans?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RayRays4dr

I have a 94' honda accord lx with the f22b2 SOHC non v-tec engine with the 5 speed trans. I also have a h22a DOHC v-tec engine that i was wondering if it will mount to the f22b2 trans. Im new to honda's so sorry if i sound ignorant. I greatly appreciate any help.

Here's what I understand: yes it will bolt up and work with no problem. However, the gearing is a bit different between the two transmissions, and without the H22 tranny installed, you won't be able to take full advantage of the engine's capabilities. I always told myself if I did this swap, I'd get the H22 tranny too. My 2 cents. :)

Thank you everyone for the info. I was also wondering if anyone knew if the H22a PCU will fit in the factory 94 accord wiring harness and if I have to change any parts of the wiring harness. I have a 92 prelude si to get any parts off of. Will the distributor off the f22b2 fit the h22a and how will the vtec work? I heard of people running a toggle switch but I want this done right. Sorry for so many questions. Thanks again for all the help.

Back