will honda ever make a turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
i don't know any stock hondas with turbos. what do you guys think of the whole idea? would you buy it? and last, what car would you most like to have with a stock turbo?

honda dont need turbo, on the h22 VTEC gains like 50-60 hp... that is hondas version of turbo.

but wouldn't it be nice, just think, instead of just a b16, you could swap a turbo b16.

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Oct 5 2003, 07:42 PM
honda dont need turbo, on the h22 VTEC gains like 50-60 hp... that is hondas version of turbo.

Actually, it's 30-40 depending on the year and market of the H22....

im pretty sure i saw a honda turbo motor on ebay a while back. i believe it was a turbocharged 4 that went on their version of the legend.

ok, everyone is missing the second half of the thread. does anybody want a good turbo for honda to make for a 1.6 or 1.8? what other car would you like it on other than th 1.2?

Originally posted by get_nick@Oct 5 2003, 09:35 PM
i don't know any stock hondas with turbos. what do you guys think of the whole idea? would you buy it? and last, what car would you most like to have with a stock turbo?

i would like to see the element with a stock turbo and 600hp.

I like Elements, but for an SUV-type vehicle, there's no passenger space. I test drove one a few weeks ago. Two seperate seats in front, two seperate seats in back. 4 people max, but a FREAKIN TON of cargo/passenger room.

I like the element too, especially the concept DJ version, a flip down 47 inch. Plasma T.V. in the trunk, PHAT. I love the Pilot too. Anyway, I don't want to a stock turbo in a Honda. Just think if the S2000 came with 240 HP Supercharged, no thanks, give me 240 NA HP anyday, then I will slap on a supercharger myself. Same things go with the turbo.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Oct 6 2003, 01:10 PM
The Element is in the running with the Aztek for ugliest non-car ever made.

:withstupid: But I think the Aztek takes first... whatever that thing is... is fucking hideous.

Oh definitely, nothing beats the Aztek. But Honda REALLY tried to make something uglier, and they almost suceeded.

To answer your questions.... I would like to see the civic si turbo'd simply b/c the s2000 is already expensive as shit and if they turbo'd it, no one (or at least I) couldn't afford it. Honda needs to at least attempt to keep up with Dodge. They are attempting to keep up with the Industry even though its still a suckass Neon. I want a turbo just b/c I think they sound cool as shit, but I think I would sooner just buy a swap with a turbo install rather than fork out monthly payments again.

who knows, unless your a executive at honda and might know what the 10 year plans are going to be.

Hondas will stay for the most part NA, I doubt they will come out with some sporty turbo version to compete against the lancer, wrx, or 1.8t

Back