WILL I PASS SMOG?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civic650

I just put a B18C1 (95 GSR) into my 91 civic dx. Yes it is a sleeper. But will I pass smog? The engine has been rebuilt and is completely stock. Oh, by the way, I need to pass California emissions. Can anyone shed some light for me? Thanks.

If it is a USDM B18C1, you should have no problem.

Originally posted by UDT@Jan 24 2005, 03:35 AM
I think your gonna need to get it bar'ed inless you get it done under the table.
[post=450448]Quoted post[/post]​

not if its Smog only... where you actually have to take it to the Smog place just to put it on their dyno and it gets sent to sacramento... they did that to the civic I had and it didn't pass the 1st time... 2nd time it did... :angry:

If it is all US spec, you are fine.

What do you guys do with your Smog Test of VIN's not matching the Motor that was in the Car.. We recently had a problem here with someone buying a car out of state.. Brought it in to our Nebraska Inspection and they would let him register it because the numbers did not match the Car.. And the car also (like mine) had a Dash Swap in the Car and the VIN's didn't match?..

It has to suck to have these Smog Tests man.. I am soooo glad we don't have them.

Originally posted by CarAudiophile@Jan 29 2005, 10:33 AM
What do you guys do with your Smog Test of VIN's not matching the Motor that was in the Car.. We recently had a problem here with someone buying a car out of state.. Brought it in to our Nebraska Inspection and they would let him register it because the numbers did not match the Car.. And the car also (like mine) had a Dash Swap in the Car and the VIN's didn't match?..

It has to suck to have these Smog Tests man.. I am soooo glad we don't have them.
[post=453099]Quoted post[/post]​

show-off!!! j.k. actually you need to show proof/reciept of where you bought the parts. that is the only way to register a car with a different motor/vin#s... showing proof is all that's needed.

Back