WIll it still read my internal Memory Maps?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

poops87

WEll the Title says it all but let me recap i have a 88-91 ecu without the ability to just slide in a external ram eeprom so i read a article about wiring it to have external ram will it still run the onboard Maps when i don't have a EEPROM in??

Quoted post[/post]]
WEll the Title says it all but let me recap i have a 88-91 ecu without the ability to just slide in a external ram eeprom so i read a article about wiring it to have external ram will it still run the onboard Maps when i don't have a EEPROM in??
I'd just go get a pm6 that has already been socketed. It will save you headaches in the long run. It's one of those time you want to do what everybody else is doing. You could probably pick up a socketed pm6 for like 75 bucks if you are lucky. To answer your question, I think that when you do the conversion to an external eprom, it bypasses anything you have had internally, and so no, it won't run without a chip in the socket. Well, it will likely start, but will run in limp home mode.

Back