1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will my ECU work?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by fook, Jun 27, 2003.

1. fook

fook Member

I need to know if the stock p28 ecu in my EX will work if I swap out my d16z6 for the jdm d15b vtec.

I need a straight forward swap like this and it would save me alot of money if I could do that engine instead of another d16z6.

the cheapest Ive found the d16z6 for is about 800 bucks, and the d15b for 475.

thanks for any help. ;)

2. liquid00meth

liquid00meth Senior Member

I wasn't aware that there was a d15b vtec? I might just not know though. What is the ECU code from the ECU that goes with the engine you want?

3. fook

fook Member

I wish I knew.

the d15b vtec is a 1.5L instead of a 1.6L and I believe it came from the jdm civic vti. There is no 5th character on the engine code, the exact # on the block is d15b

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

D15B has three stage vtec ( some, there are actually a few D15B's), D16Z6 doesn't, other than that ( and I doubt that would even matter) it should be able to run it fine.

5. fook

fook Member

*edit*

So I think im all ready to go with a d16z6 instead of trying a different motor, any swap tips?

Can I just pull the motor and leave the tranny in place?

oh yeah and is it true that the motor I am getting has a slightly more aggressive cam because its off of a manual trans car and mine is an auto?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted