will they fit ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shortbusrebel07

i am getting a set of front seats out of an 02 civic for free. i was wondering how much trouble they would be to put in my 89 hatch ? or if they will even fit ? if anyone else has done this or can give me advice i would appreciate it.

Not without some modifications that could include removal of the seat pan, and some welding.

I can garuntee you'll have to drill new holes to bolt the new seats down if you dont plan to weld on your civic seat rails and sliders.

his set rails won't bolt onto the seat though...

you're going to have to mod one or the other... and like said, possibly weld and/or drill

Me and 2 friends put evo 8 seats in a 96 eclipse and had to make custom brackets. But to have 2 almost brand new recaros aint bas at all.

i thought they were out of an 02 but i talked to the guy im getting them from and he said they are out of an 00. does that make the process any easier ?

if i have to weld on the sliders and rails from my other seats that would be ok, i have a few friends that can weld. also what about the back seat. he has that too and i was thinking of putting that in as well. i have heard that once you take the back seat out of my car you cant put it back in. is that true ?

ride= 89 DX hatch

If you can weld the brackets in place fuckin' mack truck seats will fit.

Back