Will this ECU work in my car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

zccivic

I picked up this ECU cheep, I'm not sure if it's a ECU i can use for my 1.6 single cam ZC motor- these are the id numbers on the tag

37820-PS9-A50

650-305618ZC

That ecu is for a 90-91 Honda Civic EX with an auto tranny. your ZC is mpfi, this PS9 is actually for a dpfi. It may work, but not efficantly. your motor and the new ecu both will be OBD0 but you will need to get an mpfi ecu. I recomend finding a PM6 ecu out of a 90-91 honda civic/crx si. they are set up for a 1.6 and mpfi. the 90-91 are chipable. they are not too cheap. Id put your PS9 up on craigslist or ebay and pick up the PM6 or possibly a PM7 from Japan or a PR2 from Europe. The PM7 and PR2 are both ZC ecu's with mpfi... Hope this little insight helps.

If it's 90-91 EX, then it should work; those were MPFI(D16A6).

I plugger it into my harness and it starts right up, I have a check engine light on and the code it for the automatic transmission lock up converter, is the a way to defeat that circuit so the light isn't on,

I have found some ecu's for the zc on e-bay, my question is. are there differences between the dohc and the single cam zc ecu, all the one's I have found state they are for dohc zc motors and I have the single cam zc 1.6

Back