1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will this ECU work in my car

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by zccivic, Jun 21, 2010.

1. zccivic

zccivic New Member

I picked up this ECU cheep, I'm not sure if it's a ECU i can use for my 1.6 single cam ZC motor- these are the id numbers on the tag

37820-PS9-A50

650-305618ZC

2. J squared

J squared New Member

That ecu is for a 90-91 Honda Civic EX with an auto tranny. your ZC is mpfi, this PS9 is actually for a dpfi. It may work, but not efficantly. your motor and the new ecu both will be OBD0 but you will need to get an mpfi ecu. I recomend finding a PM6 ecu out of a 90-91 honda civic/crx si. they are set up for a 1.6 and mpfi. the 90-91 are chipable. they are not too cheap. Id put your PS9 up on craigslist or ebay and pick up the PM6 or possibly a PM7 from Japan or a PR2 from Europe. The PM7 and PR2 are both ZC ecu's with mpfi... Hope this little insight helps.

3. zccivic

zccivic New Member

Thanks, for the great information, I'll let this on go and look for one of those. DK

4. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

If it's 90-91 EX, then it should work; those were MPFI(D16A6).

5. zccivic

zccivic New Member

I plugger it into my harness and it starts right up, I have a check engine light on and the code it for the automatic transmission lock up converter, is the a way to defeat that circuit so the light isn't on,

6. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

7. zccivic

zccivic New Member

I have found some ecu's for the zc on e-bay, my question is. are there differences between the dohc and the single cam zc ecu, all the one's I have found state they are for dohc zc motors and I have the single cam zc 1.6

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted