WILL THIS FIT?!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo8

Will Tein S-TECH springs fit perfectly without any modifications to the springs on a set of Tokico Blues(not Illuminas)???

im am tring to find a good system that is at or less than 500$...if anyone has anyother suggestions please feel free to share :)

www.modacar.com is where i am planning on buying these if anyone was wondering.

Yes they will, but the s-techs are a bad choise for performance. They have very low spring rates, like 200/150, which is almost stock. I hear they are bouncy. You should consider ground control coilovers or Eibach sport-lines.

Yeah they aren't that stiff, but they're still stiffer than stock, and they're a good match for the Tokico Blues. If he just wants to lower the car and still have a pretty good ride with a bit of extra stiffness for cornering, they're a good choice.

i didnt know that they had that low of a spring rate :(

i wanted to get performance out of it but still be able to have a good daily driver...im young so a rough ride doesnt really bother me.

thanks for the input!! :)

-mike

They do list all the spring rates on their site- check there to get the REAL information before you make a decision.

S-tech's are bouncy
thats whats on my car now, and Im not too happy, want to buy a set for a 90-93 integra(2 inch drop)>

Originally posted by cycloneb18c3@Dec 14 2004, 06:33 PM
S-tech's are bouncy
thats whats on my car now, and Im not too happy, want to buy a set for a 90-93 integra(2 inch drop)>
[post=432184]Quoted post[/post]​

Springs are bouncy because they're being run on shocks that can't damp the motions of the spring. You must be on blown stock shocks- it doesn't take very much damping to control a car with spring rates like the S.Tech.

You've got the shocks set too stiff for your springs then.

ive got s-techs and blues on my 91 hatch and i like them
the roads around here are shitty so not being uber stiff is nice, but it is still a big improvement over stock

Back